News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

So, I got into a Facebook pissing match about new re-creations of 1965 Shelbys..

Started by Cobrask8, March 29, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Cobrask8

Quote from: Bill on March 29, 2018, 12:42:14 PM

I prefer them the not use GT350 at all. Call it a Dan special 1965 creation. :D as for arguing, nobody wins

Not the "Dan Special" I have enough of a history with my own "Special".....  8)

Yeah well there's a seat for every a**...of they invest much and think it's "original" they are going to get a nasty surprise at sales time..Also if they try and pass it off as "original"to someone with an inkling of knowledge they will get laughed at....mio  due euro...Trent

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

The cars are total bull sh!t and we all know it.
Call it like it is.
Just another attempt by someone to make money or re-live the past...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

The past is the past and what they are doing is just..."echos of a memory."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Sixx7shelby

Waste of nice K codes. Fake in my opinion and wrecking good cars. It was never a Shelby for the last 55 years, ain't one now. Make them out of new bodies and save the K codes.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

BGlover67

Wow. The Eleanor craze a few years nearly destroyed the '67/'68 Mustang fastback market, and now this "project" will be responsible for doing the same for first generation K code fastbacks.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

""" "This is the last chance to be the original owner of an original Shelby GT350 competition model sports car built by the original crew inside a Shelby facility. You simply can't get more original than that." """

Original, Adjective: present or existing from the beginning. Patently untrue.

Original, Noun: Something serving as a model or basis for imitations or copies. True of only the ORIGINAL 36, period.

To complete their phrase - You simply can't get more original than that...until we make yet another batch of "originals"

Can't wait to see the "original" tags they put on this lil' B.

M.

Don Johnston

Ah, maybe this is another reason for the auction of CS' 24 personal cars that were stored in the unused warehouse.  Gotta make some room for the new (ahem) Shelby factory production.  But no MSO, just licensing blessing and revenue. 8)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

A-Snake

I first thought they were buying K codes and 'converting' them to replica 'R' model GT350's. It appears they will now convert a customers K code or provide one. I would guess they learned it wasn't easy to find decent K codes. ;)
They will also finish it with the live axle or the IRS. It will have a starting price of $250,000. Really? Really?