News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

So, I got into a Facebook pissing match about new re-creations of 1965 Shelbys..

Started by Cobrask8, March 29, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: A-Snake on March 29, 2018, 04:51:59 PM
I first thought they were buying K codes and 'converting' them to replica 'R' model GT350's. It appears they will now convert a customers K code or provide one. I would guess they learned it wasn't easy to find decent K codes. ;)
They will also finish it with the live axle or the IRS. It will have a starting price of $250,000. Really? Really?

looks like $250,000 is the magic number for either of the continuation models 65 or 68
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Wedgeman

Cannot believe that anyone with an ounce of sense would be on board with this....STUPID IS WHAT STUPID DOES !... ::)

Coralsnake

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

I expect we will see some of these licensed continuations on display and promoted at SAAC-43 for everyone's review and discussion.  Probably some orders will be taken, probably for those who want a driver while the original sleeps in the garage.

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 29, 2018, 06:05:02 PM
Yes, but these will be in the registry LOL

Do you remember the crap I took on 1.0 when I stated they should not use the name GT350 with the original prototype of the IRS car  ::)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby_r_b

Honestly, I can see where someone might want an R model clone on steroids built by part of the original crew.

HOWEVER, the marketing suggests the car is something it's not. And, I agree - taking a special car like an original K code is disconcerting.

And, the price? Think of what type of REAL Shelby you could buy for that money. You're well into an extremely nice, true Shelby for a quarter mil.
Nothing beats a classic!

Don Johnston

The only record would have to be by the manufacturer of the licensed vehicle.  Shelby American only keeps records on vehicles that it has done.  There is no registry that I know of for the stock 2007-2014 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang other than the designation in the VIN for verification.  It would be up to the SAAC directors, I speculate, as to whether they wanted to add these licensed vehicles to their data base.  They would need a Continuation Registrar to keep up. 8)

deathsled

Knock offs have been going on since antiquity.  That doesn't mean it should be excused.  The Ulfberht Viking sword was made of crucible steel, unheard of for that era and were regarded as Europe's most superior and mighty sword of the time.  It would bend in battle where others were brittle and would break.  And of course there were replicas found with the Ulfberht mark and were deterimined to be of inferior grade steel so it was hypothesized that these were knock offs dating back to that period.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-ancient-technology/step-closer-mysterious-origin-viking-sword-ulfberht-002455

So the fact it is happening with Shelbys is no surprise.  Human nature never changes.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

GT350Lad

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 29, 2018, 08:06:29 PM
Honestly, I can see where someone might want an R model clone on steroids built by part of the original crew.

HOWEVER, the marketing suggests the car is something it's not. And, I agree - taking a special car like an original K code is disconcerting.

And, the price? Think of what type of REAL Shelby you could buy for that money. You're well into an extremely nice, true Shelby for a quarter mil.

Agree, it a lot of cash that I would honestly spend elsewhere.
6S373
6S1276

427heaven

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 29, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

Agreed ... I think for 100k I could have a R model clone that would run circles around that over priced over exaggerated Dinosaur built dinosaurs. Everyone likes something different ,That's what makes the world go around. Todays builders and technology are AWESOME!!!

Don Johnston

You might even get some valuable dash signatures included for the 250K investment toy. 8)

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!