News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT350 PCV Hose

Started by Corey Bowcutt, December 28, 2020, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I have a PCV hose that come with my car (but not on it) and one that I purchased.  The hose that came with the car is marked "88FH" and the reproduction has a part number "C6AZ-6A664-N".  They are both essentially identical but I am wondering which is more correct?  Has anyone ever seen the 88FH marking?

Corey

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on December 28, 2020, 05:35:18 PM
I have a PCV hose that come with my car (but not on it) and one that I purchased.  The hose that came with the car is marked "88FH" and the reproduction has a part number "C6AZ-6A664-N".  They are both essentially identical but I am wondering which is more correct?  Has anyone ever seen the 88FH marking?

Corey
Ether one would work but I would  use the one with less printing . I don't remember ever seeing the C6 printing on the survivor cars I have seen. The NOS service replacement hoses have that engineering number which is what they are copied after however many times service parts differ in appearance from assemblyline parts. I think that is the case here. Have you ever installed one before?.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The "88FH" is found on different 1968/9 hoses. I would make an educated guess and say its a manufacturers code.

Mr Gaines is correct in saying the Ford script and C6 part number are not typically found on your application

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Bob and Pete. And Bob no I have not installed one but seems pretty simple but there must be a reason you ask. Please share.
Corey

Special Ed

Dont u need both elbows on the 302 pcv hose in order for it to work since the spacer tube is straight out the back of carb spacer and the pcv valve has a nipple sticking straight up out the rh valve cover rear so hose needs 2 elbows.  The cj pcv hose only has 1 elbow but 2 different size hose ends.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on December 28, 2020, 11:29:07 PM
Dont u need both elbows on the 302 pcv hose in order for it to work since the spacer tube is straight out the back of carb spacer and the pcv valve has a nipple sticking straight up out the rh valve cover rear so hose needs 2 elbows.  The cj pcv hose only has 1 elbow but 2 different size hose ends.
Ed is awake and I am asleep at the wheel because the the pcv hose fits without modification as he describes . I deleted my previous post for less confusion because it had to do with 65-67 and not 68 PCV.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

The 'Z' on the C6AZ marking is a service part number, would not typically be on an assembly line part.  I'd wipe that off with some lacquer thinner.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

hurlbird

id like to know if they fit.. and if so where did you get the reproduction? I have asked a few sources and they seem to be about 1 inch short?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on December 29, 2020, 11:20:44 AM
id like to know if they fit.. and if so where did you get the reproduction? I have asked a few sources and they seem to be about 1 inch short?
I have a NOS original and a repro and both are the same length. I just now test fitted it to a engine I have on a stand with the spacer (I have both styles) that has the straight nipple and it fits with no problem . I don't remember where I got the repro but most likely NPD if that makes a difference.  I will say that both of the hoses I tried were very supple and not hard and stiff like older used hoses. A hard hose will make it harder to fit and also fit over the nipple. You have to be careful not to break the base when fitting the hose to the nipple. It is best to heat the hose in boiling water to soften it up before attempting to attach for the first time if it is hard/harder rubber IMO.

Coralsnake

Mr Gaines, A little lube never hurt. :-\

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 29, 2020, 11:52:26 AM
Mr Gaines, A little lube never hurt. :-\
Get your mind out of the gutter.  :o

hurlbird

thanks Bob ill check out NPD. Happy New Year.