News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

COBRA FOR TALL MAN

Started by Rhody, January 03, 2021, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhody

Hi All, I am new to the forum but not new to wanting a Cobra. I am 6'8", 245 lbs and I know that there have been a lot of strides made in accommodating someone my size comfortably in a Cobra over the years. I had the great fortune of meeting 7'1" Bob Evans and he was incredibly gracious to allow me to drive his 289 FIA Cobra in 2007 in Las Vegas. The car was beautiful and maintained the correct stock 90" wheelbase. It fit me perfectly! I have included a photo of Bob's car.  I came very close to buying it in 2007 but it was just too much car for me to handle at the time and I opted for a Corvette Z06 then a Saleen Extreme S281 and I enjoyed both cars. I currently have a 1969 Bronco that I love to take rock crawling but I really want to get a great Cobra that fits me well and that has the stock wheelbase. I am not interested in a stretch version. I am starting the process of doing research on reputable builders and I am hoping you out there in the Cobra community can give me a head start from your experience. I live in Southern California in Agoura Hills. I would like to keep my search within California if possible so that I can get a vehicle that is already SB100 certified. I am interested in either the 289FIA or 427. I appreciate any and all advice that you can provide. Cheers Dan

Bill

Data mining old posts and then posting them here is considered bad form on any forum:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/1487175-post17.html

You may want to just post your initial questions, with as much of your details as possible, and let the masses respond.

I do suggest this form both forums, as your data mining may not cover all posts, only those with the key words you may have searched, thus depriving yourself of the collective knowledge of both sites separately.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0