News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 control valve leak

Started by 67gt500, January 04, 2021, 03:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67gt500

Hi, I tracked the leak from the control valve to the zerk fitting.. I've taken the nipple off in the pic.. is this a seal issue ?.. or is there a bigger problem inside the valve ? Kinda strange place for a leak ..

Thanks

Bob Gaines

If it is PS fluid instead of grease coming out of the zert then I would plan on rebuilding the control valve because regardless of the issue it will have to be taken apart.  If taken apart it is only good strategy to rebuild the entire control valve and have piece of mind. There is virtually no more labor involved. You will most likely find the issue along the way. I have rebuilt a few but given the time it takes me to do it I typically send them off to a re builder and move on to more productive use of my time. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67gt500

Thanks.. definitely fluid.. oh well, rebuild it is..

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 04, 2021, 03:56:57 PM
I typically send them off to a re builder and move on to more productive use of my time.

Who would that be Bob?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on January 04, 2021, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 04, 2021, 03:56:57 PM
I typically send them off to a re builder and move on to more productive use of my time.

Who would that be Bob?
I have used Rodes Restoration and Jim Cowles. Jim would send it back pretty much ready to install . Rodes does good work but you have to spend some time detailing it after it comes back if you want it to look concours correct. Also stating you want him to use your core is prudent.  You know how I am.  ::)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 04, 2021, 11:26:20 PM
I have used Rodes Restoration and Jim Cowles. Jim would send it back pretty much ready to install . Rodes does good work but you have to spend some time detailing it after it comes back if you want it to look concours correct. Also stating you want him to use your core is prudent.  You know how I am::)

Yup. Thanks for the referral.