Author Topic: Checkered Flag : Jim Cowles (acman63)  (Read 27411 times)

csheff

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Checkered Flag : Jim Cowles (acman63)
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2021, 11:43:37 AM »
A very big loss in the Shelby world. I will miss him dearly. Rip in peace my friend. He and his family is in my prayers and thoughts.

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
So sorry to learn of Jim's passing. He will be missed by everyone in the Shelby world. Denny

bigmmac

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2021, 12:02:07 PM »
Very sorry to hear about Jim's passing.  My prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.  RIP

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »
I am very sad to hear of this.  I knew he had been sick for a little while, but I was always pulling for him and hoping it wouldn't come to this.  Condolences to his family and friends.

He was always great to talk to on the phone, emails or here on the forum.  A wealth of knowledge and very willing to help anyone.  A loss to all things considered automotive, but then again everything that he did gave the entire community so much more.  Providing parts, restoration and knowledge that we now have and would not have if he didn't do what he did.  Producing parts at high levels of quality that no one else was doing at the time.  His efforts really helped all of us to keep our cars that much more accurate.

After a conversation on the phone with Jim I always felt like I was on the right path with my project.  He didn't care that I didn't have a Shelby and was always willing to help.  A straight shooter.  The entire car community will miss Jim, but his passion and dedication for these cars will live on for many many more years.  I am very lucky to have been able to do business with him. 

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2021, 12:24:48 PM »
Rest in Peace,   Prayers to the family.

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »
Very sad news.... condolences to the family.

I recall my very first time talking with him on the phone, he treated me like we had been friends for years..... a true gentleman to all his extended Shelby family.

RIP Jim
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »
A very deep source oh knowledge gone silent.

Condolences to all

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
My deepest sympathy to his family in this loss of a loved one. Prayers for God's comfort in this time of great need. I did not personally know him, but can still share in you grief.

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2021, 01:22:19 PM »
I last talked to Jim at the saturday evening car show at Elkhart Lake Can Am historics. C Comer was having 3134 judged and got a award. Both Great guys and super event. My condolences to the family, he will be missed terribly.

jesSPR

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2021, 01:27:56 PM »
I have been with Jim for about 15 years. He always remembered everyone by name and some little tidbit about them… even if they had only done business by phone.  After 15 years his knowledge of the cars and parts still blew my away.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:46 PM »
I remember back in the 80s on my first trip to jims shelby shop and thinking man this guy is a serious shelby guy as he had his shop built with white metal tin and blue metal tin stripes the shelby cobra colors and how KOOL is that. Jim knew all year shelbys and cobras and hi-po fords and all the rare parts.  He was one of the first ford guys who turned his hobby over into a business when these cars were first starting to get an interest and real car guys were buying and restoring them just because they liked them or (like me) couldnt afford them when still in school with gas and insurance rates skyrocketing.  Back in mid 80s u were lucky to get some of your $ back from a car u restored so u have to give much credit to guys like Jim who back then did it more for the love of the cars than trying to make any real $ back then. Jim Cowles should be in the shelby cobra hall of fame . GODSPEED JIM

Cjc6566

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2021, 01:47:42 PM »
Jim was always a wonderful person and helpful when I spoke to him...always made time for my questions no matter how basic. -He will not be forgotten-

- RIP Jim-

owner of 1604 Hertz / Portland Oregon

67411F--0100-ENG.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »
Very saddened to hear of Jim's passing.  He was a wealth of knowledge to the Shelby world and his passing has left a void that will never be filled.  May God bless his close friends and family and give them peace and strength during this very sad time.  Godspeed Jim, rest in eternal peace.

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
Difficult to write when you are crying. RIP my friend.
Texas Swede

sg66

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2021, 02:50:32 PM »
Like most of you, I had the pleasure of speaking with and purchasing products from Jim.  He was a treasure trove of knowledge and was willing to share it freely.  I believe he saw the value of sharing this knowledge, not only to help others, but to help the Shelby community.  He will be sorely missed by all.
Well said and I echo that. Although I never met him in person, I could tell by my interactions over the phone and email that Jim was just a great human being at the core who loved what he was doing.

Condolences to his family