News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Let The Comments Begin

Started by Don Johnston, March 30, 2018, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Too many comments for me to make on this one, so the rest of the viewers can have fun with this listing on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT350SR-575Hp/282902138934?hash=item41de481036:g:CSEAAOSwISRagX3t&vxp=mtr

If you read it more than once, you may need extra strength aspirin. 8)

shelbydoug

We are living in an era of alternative facts. Perhaps this is an inter-dimensional vehicle and slipped here into our dimension? When you put those 13 crystal skulls together they are supposed to have powers beyond our comprehension? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Wedgeman

So is this one of the 40 that ...ESCAPED...before Unique was shut down for ..TITLE WASHING.....or before CS severed all ties with them? Hmmm, wonder what secret Ford VIN  hides beneath the surface? Is it an..A code...C code....or maybe even a ...T CODE... ::)

6S1568

What is the "Shelby Unified Registry"? I never heard of that one. Thanks

69mach351w

427heaven

One thing I learned over the past 40 years of building cars, don't let your imagination run away from interested people in your project. Just because the owner or owners representative drank the COOLAIDE doesn't many any one else on the planet drank from the same punch bowl! Its a nice 65 with some stout parts. Nothing more nothing less- Put it up for sale on the internet starting at .99 cents and see where it goes,there will probably be some long faces when its over :'( I do like it just not at the perceived value-

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: 6S1568 on March 30, 2018, 06:41:28 PM
What is the "Shelby Unified Registry"? I never heard of that one. Thanks

It is a piece of paper with the VIN of this car stuck in between the covers of the last SAAC registry for 65-67's.

6S1114

Coralsnake

QuoteWhat is the "Shelby Unified Registry"? I never heard of that one.

I believe that is what the current incarnation of Shelby calls their registry.

For those of you that need a quick recap, SAAC started their registries in the mid 1970s.
Many people have contributed to make it the best, most comprehensive registry on the planet.

Shelby, saw the value of the registry and unsuccessfully attempted to sue the club for the registry information.

They then started their own registry. They have actually taken info from the club's registry and presented it as their own. Many of their attempts to interpret even basic information, have been laughable.

The " unified registry" is an attempt to confuse people and convince them they actually know something about the vintage cars.

Don Johnston

The " unified registry" is an attempt to confuse people and convince them they actually know something about the vintage cars.
[/quote]

The SA registry that I am aware of is known as the Shelby World Registry and is only for vehicles produced out of the SA shop or authorized affiliate shops.  There may be a "unified" registry out of the Shelby Licensing shop in Gardena to keep track of what they have authorized and contracted under the Shelby name, but it would not include this car.  Like the "Eleanor" type "Shelby licensing", it does not exist after the legal changes.

Quote from: Ldouble619 on March 30, 2018, 09:30:38 PM
Cool hot rod

Agreed.

I would remove the GT350 Nomenclature and enjoy.

GT350Lad

Not sure what to say..... nice hot rod I guess
6S373
6S1276

Shelby_r_b

Total face palm on this one.

Cool car, but again, not accurately represented IMO.
Nothing beats a classic!

Bill

Anyone else notice the "Unique" license plate  ;)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 30, 2018, 09:02:17 PM
QuoteWhat is the "Shelby Unified Registry"? I never heard of that one.

I believe that is what the current incarnation of Shelby calls their registry.

For those of you that need a quick recap, SAAC started their registries in the mid 1970s.
Many people have contributed to make it the best, most comprehensive registry on the planet.

Shelby, saw the value of the registry and unsuccessfully attempted to sue the club for the registry information.

They then started their own registry. They have actually taken info from the club's registry and presented it as their own. Many of their attempts to interpret even basic information, have been laughable.

Well stated but most importantly, where can we purchase a copy of it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!