News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby is it a Gt350 or Gt500

Started by Efraind1, January 07, 2021, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Efraind1

Can someone tell me which vin number is correct for Shelby #00949 is it a gt500 or Gt350 and is it a
J code or S code?Please see pictures.

BGlover67

That is odd.  Where are the entries you posted coming from? Is it an older version of the Registry?  I have a copy of the 4th edition '68,'69,'70 SAAC Registry, and it is listed as a GT500 with an 'S' code, 428 engine. (see attachments). You appear to have a pic of the original VIN plate from the car.  According to that, and the 4th edition registry I'm looking at, It's a GT500 . Perhaps email the '68 Registrar, Mr. Linska? 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

🧐

Looks like a common case of premature extrapolation to me.

I think its a GT500, especially based on that tag.

Efraind1

Thank you!!!! Why can one registry have one j code and the other S code?

capecodmustang.com

I use to own # 949

It's a GT 500

bret@capecodmustang.com

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Efraind1 on January 08, 2021, 08:04:04 AM
Thank you!!!! Why can one registry have one j code and the other S code?

It was a typo

There's numerous typos and mistakes throughout all the registries.

With the wealth of information throughout the years it's somewhat expected...

Coralsnake

Before many of the cars were known, there was an effort to fill in blank squares through extrapolation.

Its possible someone made an educated guess and guessed incorrectly. It appears the error has been corrected.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 08, 2021, 08:23:10 AM
Before many of the cars were known, there was an effort to fill in blank squares through extrapolation.

Its possible someone made an educated guess and guessed incorrectly. It appears the error has been corrected.

I can tell you from first handle knowledge, that in effect "premature extrapolation" was the policy in that obvious mistakes would inspire otherwise "dead and non-functioning members" to "rise" to the occassion and correct the records.

It wasn't the "previous 68 Registrar's" desire it was the policy of the Executive Editor to add external stimulation. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

No blame intended. Filling squares is important. I recognize the overwhelming task and acknowledge previous contributions.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 08, 2021, 08:34:03 AM
No blame intended. Filling squares is important. I recognize the overwhelming task and acknowledge previous contributions.

No offense taken. As the "other person responsible" as referred to namelessly by the current Administration, I can just add first hand knowledge of some subjects and curiosities.

Nothing for nothing I suppose?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Efraind1

BGrover67 I found it in the 1997 registry that's where I took the pictures from. Do you have Mr. Linksca's email. Thank you!!!! :)

BGlover67

Quote from: Efraind1 on January 08, 2021, 10:34:19 AM
BGrover67 I found it in the 1997 registry that's where I took the pictures from. Do you have Mr. Linksca's email. Thank you!!!! :)

'68 Registrar's email:  vinman@infionline.net
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative