News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Robert J Poeschl Ford plate frame

Started by 6T7500#590, January 10, 2021, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6T7500#590

I am in the process of replicating a dealer plate frame from Robert J Poeschl Ford in Oxnard California . I am been searching for years to find one but I have been unsuccessful.  Does anyone have one or a picture of one that I use as a reference. All I need is a image to reference the font and layout. Thank you.

Chad

If you make any extra I would be interested in one for my car. 
Thanks
Chad

roddster

Just a reminder:  some dealers did not have those metal license plate frames, so, are you sure there is one out there?

6T7500#590

I am not 100% sure. I inquired with a plate frame dealer at one point and he claimed to have a pair but would not sell one to me. He claimed that they were ultra rare. I did see one for Bob Poeschl Lincoln once.

honker

I'm not sure if this is from the right dealer, was there more than one Ford store in Oxnard ? or time frame you are after ?

No affiliation ! on E-bay at the moment.

Mike

QuickSilverShelby

Would love to know if Johnny Bolton Ford out of Maitland Florida ever had a plate frame.  I've never seen mention of one but would love to know if one exists. 

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

pchmotoho

I've been casually looking fir one for years. Never seen one.

I believe plate frames were more a west coast thing where dealer emblems were most east coast. Of course their are exceptions.

6T7500#590

This is what I came up with. Period vintage newspaper ads were used for the font and layout. I do not know if it is 100% correct. 

gt350cs

Is the license plate shown the first issue plate for your car?

Chad

Did you make any extras?  I would love to buy one from you!  My 67 GT500 came from that dealership
Thanks
Chad