News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Error Message?

Started by 6S1568, March 30, 2018, 08:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6S1568

Here's an error message I keep getting while trying to post, what am I doing wrong?

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

Same here......frustrating

Bob Gaines

I can't remember for sure but that sounds like the same error message I was getting recently. I was getting a error message and a forum friend instructed me to "resize" my pictures . I would right on the picture and then click on edit . I chose the option to resize and did that from 100 to 50%. When I closed the picture I was asked if I wanted to save the changes. I saved the changes and used the now resized pictures and they went through. I hope this works for you.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67_1183

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 30, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
I can't remember for sure but that sounds like the same error message I was getting recently. I was getting a error message and a forum friend instructed me to "resize" my pictures . I would right on the picture and then click on edit . I chose the option to resize and did that from 100 to 50%. When I closed the picture I was asked if I wanted to save the changes. I saved the changes and used the now resized pictures and they went through. I hope this works for you.

Not in this instance.  I just tried to attach a picture well below the 2MB limit and below the 800 x XXX dimensions that the forum software automatically resizes to (maintaining original aspect ratio) when using the email style attachment method.

This is something new.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

JD

Quote from: 67_1183 on March 30, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Not in this instance.  I just tried to attach a picture well below the 2MB limit and below the 800 x XXX dimensions that the forum software automatically resizes to (maintaining original aspect ratio) when using the email style attachment method.

This is something new.

Same for me...

Get this window

"
An Error Has Occurred!

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Chris Thauberger

Have either of you tried contacting the administrator yet?
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

JD

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on March 30, 2018, 11:44:26 PM
Have either of you tried contacting the administrator yet?

I clicked the "report to moderator" link
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

6S1568

Chris, I figured if I posted the error message here, that the administrator would surely see it, and respond. I already resized the photo to be well within the limits. Thanks Denny

JD

Quote from: 6S1568 on March 31, 2018, 10:00:59 AM
Chris, I figured if I posted the error message here, that the administrator would surely see it, and respond. I already resized the photo to be well within the limits. Thanks Denny

I did too,  sent an PM to "Computerworks", hopefully that will help,

JD

SFM5S000

Apparently, the "error message"  comes when attempting to post a photo(s). I too got that message, and I typically don't have issues as I like to post photos I actually take not images found on the internet. I sent Ron Richards aka computer works a pm as well, but I haven't heard. The strange thing is the issue seems to be at random as others can post.

Anyway, hope it gets resolved soon. Patience....

Cheer's
~Earl J

67_1183

Quote from: SFM5S000 on March 31, 2018, 11:39:01 AM
Apparently, the "error message"  comes when attempting to post a photo(s). I too got that message, and I typically don't have issues as I like to post photos I actually take not images found on the internet. I sent Ron Richards aka computer works a pm as well, but I haven't heard. The strange thing is the issue seems to be at random as others can post.

Anyway, hope it gets resolved soon. Patience....

Here's,
~Earl J

Those that have had success have linked from an external (non SAAC) server.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Richstang

I can upload photo to my gallery without issue, but can't ad a photo as an attachment to a thread. This may be a maintenance issue, as I recall it happening a couple of times on the old forum. With the holiday weekend upon us it might be a day or two until this gets resolved.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Cobra Ned

Nope. Still happening today, April 25. >:(

SFM5S000

Okay, I was successful at posting an image from my gallery. The image is huge. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the size from the gallery to a post?

I haven't tried uploading a really small pic to my gallery then attempt posting it. Maybe tomorrow I'll try it when I have more time...

~E

terlingua11

I just tried for about 30 min to add an image the old way, by using the attachment button on the bottom of the thread. I took it down to 5" x 5" at 72 DPI and it still wouldn't take it. Way smaller that any image I had posted in the past. I think it was less than 1/2 a meg. I hope this is something that can get resolved, as this is a much easier way to post an image without going to my photo gallery and upload it there, then have to relink it to the post. I did do that for an image I just posted and determined 144 dpi at about 1400 x 1400 pixels worked well. My first image was 2800 x 2800 and was way too big for the screen when linked.

I hope we can get the easier way to post an image fixed, as I much prefer that method, as I think a lot of us feel likewise-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R