Author Topic: Error Message?  (Read 13651 times)

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Error Message?
« on: March 30, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
Here's an error message I keep getting while trying to post, what am I doing wrong?

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Error Message?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
Same here......frustrating

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »
I can't remember for sure but that sounds like the same error message I was getting recently. I was getting a error message and a forum friend instructed me to "resize" my pictures . I would right on the picture and then click on edit . I chose the option to resize and did that from 100 to 50%. When I closed the picture I was asked if I wanted to save the changes. I saved the changes and used the now resized pictures and they went through. I hope this works for you.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67_1183

• SAAC Member
  • Southern Oregon - SAAC Member since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »
I can't remember for sure but that sounds like the same error message I was getting recently. I was getting a error message and a forum friend instructed me to "resize" my pictures . I would right on the picture and then click on edit . I chose the option to resize and did that from 100 to 50%. When I closed the picture I was asked if I wanted to save the changes. I saved the changes and used the now resized pictures and they went through. I hope this works for you.

Not in this instance.  I just tried to attach a picture well below the 2MB limit and below the 800 x XXX dimensions that the forum software automatically resizes to (maintaining original aspect ratio) when using the email style attachment method.

This is something new.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 11:26:28 PM »
Not in this instance.  I just tried to attach a picture well below the 2MB limit and below the 800 x XXX dimensions that the forum software automatically resizes to (maintaining original aspect ratio) when using the email style attachment method.

This is something new.

Same for me...

Get this window

"
An Error Has Occurred!

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:44:26 PM »
 Have either of you tried contacting the administrator yet?
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 12:25:46 AM »
Have either of you tried contacting the administrator yet?

I clicked the "report to moderator" link
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
Chris, I figured if I posted the error message here, that the administrator would surely see it, and respond. I already resized the photo to be well within the limits. Thanks Denny

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
Chris, I figured if I posted the error message here, that the administrator would surely see it, and respond. I already resized the photo to be well within the limits. Thanks Denny

I did too,  sent an PM to "Computerworks", hopefully that will help,

JD

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »
Apparently, the "error message"  comes when attempting to post a photo(s). I too got that message, and I typically don't have issues as I like to post photos I actually take not images found on the internet. I sent Ron Richards aka computer works a pm as well, but I haven't heard. The strange thing is the issue seems to be at random as others can post.

Anyway, hope it gets resolved soon. Patience....

Cheer's
~Earl J
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:07:04 AM by SFM5S000 »

67_1183

• SAAC Member
  • Southern Oregon - SAAC Member since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 11:43:29 AM »
Apparently, the "error message"  comes when attempting to post a photo(s). I too got that message, and I typically don't have issues as I like to post photos I actually take not images found on the internet. I sent Ron Richards aka computer works a pm as well, but I haven't heard. The strange thing is the issue seems to be at random as others can post.

Anyway, hope it gets resolved soon. Patience....

Here's,
~Earl J

Those that have had success have linked from an external (non SAAC) server.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »
I can upload photo to my gallery without issue, but can't ad a photo as an attachment to a thread. This may be a maintenance issue, as I recall it happening a couple of times on the old forum. With the holiday weekend upon us it might be a day or two until this gets resolved.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Cobra Ned

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
Nope. Still happening today, April 25. >:(

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »
Okay, I was successful at posting an image from my gallery. The image is huge. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the size from the gallery to a post?

I haven't tried uploading a really small pic to my gallery then attempt posting it. Maybe tomorrow I'll try it when I have more time...

~E

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »
I just tried for about 30 min to add an image the old way, by using the attachment button on the bottom of the thread. I took it down to 5" x 5" at 72 DPI and it still wouldn't take it. Way smaller that any image I had posted in the past. I think it was less than 1/2 a meg. I hope this is something that can get resolved, as this is a much easier way to post an image without going to my photo gallery and upload it there, then have to relink it to the post. I did do that for an image I just posted and determined 144 dpi at about 1400 x 1400 pixels worked well. My first image was 2800 x 2800 and was way too big for the screen when linked.

I hope we can get the easier way to post an image fixed, as I much prefer that method, as I think a lot of us feel likewise-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R