Author Topic: assembly line style air filters  (Read 8069 times)

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: assembly line style air filters
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »
Thank you for all the input.  It has been suggested to show application so here is what i have gathered so far.

FA-50’s were used on the following:
•   69 GT350
•   71 Boss 351
•   71 429 Cobra Jet
•   71 429 Super Cobra Jet
•   71 GT 500 KR’s (early production)
o   Estimated around 1st month of production (June or July)

Do i need to add anything?
Chris
GT500KR's =1968. The FA50's were used on the KR's as Tim replied probably only the first 2-3 weeks of production ( very late April to mid May ) then switched to the FA41's.
Rodney

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 01:34:34 PM »
damn,   good catch   lol.   thanks

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 01:42:46 PM »
The fa 50 and fa 41 fits many other non performance 67 68 and up ford cars and trucks also including t-birds .  What about the PANTERA air filter anybody know? as they are highly collectable last few years also.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:47:34 PM by Special Ed »

whiteykr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 01:13:53 AM »
To Pete and Tim: THANK YOU  I never knew what was the correct air filter  for my KRs. FA 41 it is
To my other SAAC  KR owners : I looked at both of my build sheets  and they say C9ZA C  for June and July KRs just like Pete and Tim say.
Chris, do you have a nice repro FA 41? Please provide your website if you do. I know you have other parts for sale I might want to buy.  You do remember me ? The nice guy from Indiana.
Regards
Brad

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 09:44:09 AM »
To Pete and Tim: THANK YOU  I never knew what was the correct air filter  for my KRs. FA 41 it is
To my other SAAC  KR owners : I looked at both of my build sheets  and they say C9ZA C  for June and July KRs just like Pete and Tim say.
Chris, do you have a nice repro FA 41? Please provide your website if you do. I know you have other parts for sale I might want to buy.  You do remember me ? The nice guy from Indiana.
Regards
Brad
http://www.brownsautobodyservices.com/shop/air-filter-fa-41-c7sf-9601-a
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

whiteykr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 02:57:20 PM »
Thank You Gary

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 03:00:15 PM »
Yes Brad,  I remember you...  I have KR original RAM SEAL for you too...

chris

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 03:26:25 PM »
Chris u forgot to put photos of the shepards cross type autolite  and c8af #s of the fa50 on your website so buyer can see all the details like u showed on the fa41 detailed photos.

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
Need more help!!!    I will get it done.   thanks to everyone for the support.

chris

whiteykr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:36 AM »
Chris,
You have a PM
Brad

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 10:28:21 AM »
Ed, brought to my attention that i did not show the most important part.. 

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 12:14:29 PM »
Yep buyers need to see the details  as these took along time to make concours correctly .  Does anybody know the real story behind the early version shepards cross with the loop and star as years ago i got a call from a lawyer working on a lawsuit about this and he wanted to buy some autolite stuff so i sold him my extra autolite sales binder that had all the autolite sales products with photos but i never heard how the lawsuit was settled as he said it had something to do with  the first type autolite shepards cross loop and star rights and that era of autolite marked stuff didnt last long as the loop and star disapeared but still showed up on the fa 50 - 68 and up filter but its not on the fa41- 67 and up filter.

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 05:50:57 PM »
Received a FA-41 filter from Chris Brown today and it is better than expected. Would recommend for any other KR owners.

Thanks Chris, awesome part.

Don
gt350bp

whiteykr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2021, 03:49:01 AM »
+1
Received FA -41 air filter today and looks excellent.I am glad to have it and would highly recommend. Nice job Chris and Ed.
Brad

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2021, 09:50:36 AM »
We made the fa50 fa41 fa84 (70-71 torino) air filters from assembly line only examples. Many ford car guys may think these are different and not like the in the box NOS autolite filters they have seen over the years and if u ever seen a low mileage  unmolested car these type of filters will still be on the car. Air filters were good for 10,000 miles before being changed if u clean them when needed depending on driving conditions and type of roads traveled back in the day. Back in the early 80s i started collecting autolite parts and only found these type of used filters on low mile cars and never in autolite boxes in old ford dealerships etc. Another way to find these assembly line filters was inside a complete nos ford air cleaner assembly since the air cleaners were serviced in a ford box complete filter lid and all with the autolite decal on the side and all just like they were delivered to the assembly line as a complete unit from the vendor who made them. I think the air cleaner vendor had  these filters made for them only in large quanities and ford had autolite make the service replacements a little different design so when the car was serviced by ford under warranty the service department guys could see (depending on the mileage) that the filter was the original type and needed changing and the car owner could see the new different type of filter and know it was changed after being charged for it kinda like the assembly line oil filter being blue but new autolite service filters were white. I am not sure of this logic as its just a guess but why would autolite change the tooling design and have more expenses when the original filters are same size as service replacements. The assembly line filters have different ID markings darker color rubber and different wire mesh all  noticeably different than the service type. Years ago i got some assembly line filters from same source as assembly line blue oil filters along with many other lunch pail parts from dearborn plant. The decision was made to make the assembly line type filters because if doing a fresh concours restoration like the car rolled off the assembly line this is the type of filter that your car was born with and if an open element ram air cleaner this is a highly visable part sitting on top your engine. We made all 3 types of filters since some of the parts are the same between these 3 but the height being different and the fa84 (torino) doof is shortest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:03:19 AM by Special Ed »