Author Topic: Waterless coolant  (Read 7940 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Waterless coolant
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »
Does water wetter only control overheating?  Does it have anti-corrosion properties for our 60's engines?

I read the "learn more" section and didn't see any information on anti-corrosion, only overheating properties.

zray

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 12:53:02 PM »
Does water wetter only control overheating?  Does it have anti-corrosion properties for our 60's engines?

I read the "learn more" section and didn't see any information on anti-corrosion, only overheating properties.

no anti corrosion advertised that I know of, just lubrication for the seals, and helps with overheating.  The only "proven" remedy for aluminum corrosion is the sacrificial annodes I mentioned in post #27.  They work great. Marine  and trucking industries have been using them for decades with zero unintended consequences.

Z

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »
Does anyone know of a more "impartial/independent" review of the Evans product i.e., one not prepared by a direct competitor.  We're considering the product for a driver '70 Mach 1 428cj w/ ac but are concerned about the finding that the product may increase engine temp. by as much as 20 degrees.  Or, does anyone have any experience or insight/comments using the product in this particular application.