News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Another incorrect Falcon plenum being sold as a Mustang heater delete

Started by Bob Gaines, January 10, 2021, 10:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

What are the odds that two incorrect heater delete plenum would be on ebay at the same time. This time it is Mustang Masters.https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-66-Shelby-Heater-Delete-Fresh-Air-Vent-1965-66-Mustang-Heater-Delete-Falcon/265009534358   . This is a relatively common part on a Falcon. It goes on the driver side on a Falcon. I sent Freddy a note saying-  You may want to revise your description because the heater delete plenum you picture is that from a Falcon and not a Mustang. The Mustang heater delete plenum has the hinge on the opposite side of your pictured falcon plenum and consequently the door opens on the opposite side too. I included a picture of the page 17 of the body assemblyline manual which has a illustration of a proper Mustang heater delete plenum . You can see that the door opens on the opposite side .Best of luck with your auction. Bob Gaines. I just want the buyer to know what they are getting for what they are paying regardless of if a clone or a genuine car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Hi Bob,

I too did see these and thought they were advertising incorrectly.  Hopefully those on this forum understand and are informed.  The one thing the left side vent boxes do offer, the two hooks, brackets and potential sections that can be used to repair the rights side vents.  John Atzbach had a right side vent box that went to auction (sold for $20 with two hooks) that has a section cut out that these left side can be used as donors to make repairs.  I have a right side version with a bracket damaged.  At the right price they make nice donors for repairs.

Have you seen the one Perkins has been trying to sell for a long time?  His price ($3500 with other pieces) makes the one left side boxes very attractive at $150.  They will still function mounted to the right side, thought not assembly line correct.

On your images, looks like an Osborne reproduction piece.  Do you know if these are still available?

Thanks for posting.

Cory

outlawincorporated

FAST FREDDY from Mustang Masters in renowned for deceptive and incorrect listings, even at swap meets he is still certain all his parts are correct and demand high prices.  buyer beware on all his listings is my only suggestions to anyone following.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 10, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
Hi Bob,

I too did see these and thought they were advertising incorrectly.  Hopefully those on this forum understand and are informed.  The one thing the left side vent boxes do offer, the two hooks, brackets and potential sections that can be used to repair the rights side vents.  John Atzbach had a right side vent box that went to auction (sold for $20 with two hooks) that has a section cut out that these left side can be used as donors to make repairs.  I have a right side version with a bracket damaged.  At the right price they make nice donors for repairs.

Have you seen the one Perkins has been trying to sell for a long time?  His price ($3500 with other pieces) makes the one left side boxes very attractive at $150.  They will still function mounted to the right side, thought not assembly line correct.

On your images, looks like an Osborne reproduction piece.  Do you know if these are still available?

Thanks for posting.

Cory
Cory,I agree that the Falcon plenums make good donor parts. I have no issue with his price but do with his description. For those reading when used on the passenger side the wrong facing door of the falcon part would be in the way of your leg with the door open for venting air inside. The Osborne 65 body manual is still available . The illustration I posted is on pg 17 of the 65 manual .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 10, 2021, 11:53:28 PM
Quote from: 6s1640 on January 10, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting.

Cory
Cory,I agree that the Falcon plenums make good donor parts. I have no issue with his price but do with his description. For those reading when used on the passenger side the wrong facing door of the falcon part would be in the way of your leg with the door open for venting air inside. The Osborne 65 body manual is still available . The illustration I posted is on pg 17 of the 65 manual .

Hi Bob,

I also agree with you.  The vent opening into the passenger legs would be annoying at best.

Thanks for the tip on the Osborne body manual.

Take care

Cory.

shelbymann1970

Many years ago I met Freddie at Ford Carlisle when I went there selling parts with a good friend( Bob and Ed gave me a few trinkets that year). Freddie bought a complete PS assy off of my friend for a 65. When he left my friend laughed and said it isn't often you come out on the money making end with Freddie. To hear my friend-who is a character-and Freddie go back and forth was worth the trip. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

69mach351w