Author Topic: 1967 GT500 4 Speed Dark Moss Green All original 31k Miles Car Number 01847  (Read 3717 times)

Rodster-500

• View Profile
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=13448.0

Great car!  Love the picture of the shed it was hiding in. 

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Thanks for starting a thread that won't get wiped.

What a cool car. In a great color too!

Wish I were rich.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Spectacular specimen
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
What a cool car. In a great color too!

Wish I were rich.

+1
great color PLUS inboards 8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
What is the story on the hood being what looks like a repro? It has 4 pin plates but no evidence of pins being installed at the back to match the plates at the rear of the hood.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rodster-500

• View Profile
What is the story on the hood being what looks like a repro? It has 4 pin plates but no evidence of pins being installed at the back to match the plates at the rear of the hood.

I was thinking it's a cosmetic thing making it look like a lift hood from the drag car days?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

I was thinking it's a cosmetic thing making it look like a lift hood from the drag car days?
The pin plates are one clue. I guess you didn't pick up on the hood latch area.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rodster-500

• View Profile

The pin plates are one clue. I guess you didn't pick up on the hood latch area.

Not till you mentioned it in the deleted For Sale post.  ;)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile

68krrrr

• SoCal Upland
    • View Profile
Good move on saving those pics they're very cool & really show a lot of details
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 GT500 4 Speed Dark Moss Green All original 31k Miles Car Number 01847
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 05:45:07 AM »

It's not rocket science  ;D
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=566.0

"This Forum is for listing cars that you personally have for sale. Please limit ALL replies in this forum to specific questions, to the seller, about the car.

Cross-talk, or conversations about the item among members, should be made on another thread in the Discussion area....not on the For Sale thread."

Then again, for some, maybe it is  ::)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 11:17:04 AM »

"This Forum is for listing cars that you personally have for sale. Please limit ALL replies in this forum to specific questions, to the seller, about the car.

Cross-talk, or conversations about the item among members, should be made on another thread in the Discussion area....not on the For Sale thread."

Bill
Bill , the post I made was a specific ask to the seller about a aspect that seemed contrary to the stated ad. The post fit the forum criteria and yet it got deleted. I represent people all of the time buying cars that ask me questions about for sale cars on this forum as I have on the subject car. My post was the one or one of the ones you smugly made the rocket science statement quip about given you quoted Rodster-500 who was writing about it. I appreciate the work you do here but not when you delete posts that conform to the stated rules  . 

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13:48 PM »
Bob,

Some questions are better sent in a PM, or asked in a discussion thread such as this, or both, so as to not torpedo a sellers classified ad. SAAC members have a tendency to pile on to such questions, which then Segways into a discussion of what is right, or wrong about specific items. I then get PM’s or sometimes even phone call at home asking for those types of posts to be removed. Not every seller is a concours judge, nor do they know the minute details, they bought the car, drove it, now it’s posted here for sale. Some decorum is expected on both sides of that equation, put yourself in the sellers shoes and imagine the reaction through their eyes.

Hope all is well, May 2021 be better than 2020.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:20:10 PM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »
If someone is interested do yourself a favor and have it inspected thoroughly
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 07:44:27 PM »

Bill

Not rocket science, to avoid these issues, why not make the requirement of listing a car in the For Sale section to lock the thread as soon as the listing is posted.  Don't lock, post deleted, issue solved.