Author Topic: Sandhills Motoring Festival, May 28th, 29th & 30th, Pinehurst, NC  (Read 2618 times)

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
https://www.sandhillsmotoringfestival.com

It's just a little less than 5 days away!  I'm sure that all of you remember the Pinehurst Concourse from a few years back?  Well, it may be long defunct now, but the Sandhills Classic Motoring Festival was created to fill the void in 2018.  2020 was of course, lost to Covid, so after a year long hiatus it is back.

Staring on Friday, May 28th, an Automobiles & BBQ will take place from 5:00 to 9:00 pm

Saturday, May 29th, initiates with a Road Rally from 8:00am – 12:00pm, including an excursion to Pottery country in Seagrove, NC.  This is topped off by a Hangar Party at 6:00 PM certain to outdo the best that Peeble Beach has to offer (ok, maybe not, but it will be close)

Sunday, May 30th,  culminates with a Concourse in the Village of Pinehurst from 9:00 am to 3:00 PM ending with an Awards Banquet from 5:00 PM ot 9:00 PM.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sandhills Motoring Festival, May 28th, 29th & 30th, Pinehurst, NC
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 08:58:15 AM »
I’ll be there. Judging on Sunday. This should be a great event.

FYI,  the Hilton Head Island Concours Car Club Showcase (Saturday November 6th) is looking for more representation in our Saturday “American Power and Ingenuity” class. Only have a 500 KR representing Shelby so far.

PM me for more info.

Mike

CCS Co-Chair

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »
Peg and I will be there Sunday, parking our '98 Porsche C2S in the Car Club Corral and roaming around.  If you see a shrivelled up old guy with a cute girl, say "Hi". ;)
5S071, 6S1467

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 05:31:49 PM »
If you decided to stay home due to the cool, misty weather, you missed a great event with lots of gorgeous cars, big crowd of car enthusiasts and a great assortment of dogs from a huge, well-mannered Great Dane to a tea-cup Yorkie!  The car that made the day for me was CSX2125.  Incredible restoration! I tried posting a pic but, rightsideup, it keeps showing upsidedown, even if I rotate it in my file upsidedown, it posts upsidedown.  What am I doing wrong?
5S071, 6S1467

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »
If you decided to stay home due to the cool, misty weather, you missed a great event with lots of gorgeous cars, big crowd of car enthusiasts and a great assortment of dogs from a huge, well-mannered Great Dane to a tea-cup Yorkie!  The car that made the day for me was CSX2125.  Incredible restoration! I tried posting a pic but, rightsideup, it keeps showing upsidedown, even if I rotate it in my file upsidedown, it posts upsidedown.  What am I doing wrong?

Using an iPhone?  That maybe the issue.  (If you post them and they need rotated I'll do it.)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:08:48 AM »
2125 was amazing. Faux Testarossa , meh.

Mike

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 09:38:50 AM »
I took the pic with my LG android, then downloaded it to my laptop.  Please rotate for me. I'm an old geezer and not a "techie".
5S071, 6S1467

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 09:42:57 AM »
gladly. beautiful car!!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
Thanks for doing that!  To give everyone a taste for the quality of this event set in downtown Pinehurst, here's what showed up:
5S071, 6S1467

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »
I was there for a few hours, but unfortunately my Jag had a major meltdown and I had all I could to get her back on the trailer and home.  Still, I did get to the Hangar Party on Saturday night.  Mike, I agree about the 'Testarossa', and the early Shelby Cobra No. 2125 was a pleasure to look at.  I talked with the restorer John Bassler, a very nice gentleman who informed me he consulted with Dan Case in order to get some of the details correct.  Smart move there and what a nice job they did restoring it.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative