News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original owner story and photos - #0738

Started by Rodster-500, January 21, 2021, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Not sure if that bright white square is a sticker/label or just a reflection. Never seen anything in that location any plant or year

It has shown up and I have posted other threads. Let me go find them.

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Those two "white dots" could be reflections off the welds?

Look at the deep welds on opposite shock tower.

Rodster-500

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 25, 2021, 06:46:06 AM
Those two "white dots" could be reflections off the welds?

Look at the deep welds on opposite shock tower.

Yea, I was just making a case for the 'reflection' theory. 

Seeing the BW photo from that other forum gives more credibility to the white rectangle being a sticker of some sort.

Remember from Forum 1.0 the hand written CH initials found on some cars that was tracked back to the AO Smith employee?  Something else that was only found on a random cars. Could the sticker be a random AO Smith thing?  Who knows?

Special Ed

Pete next time u come my way to indy or our shelby meet i will take u to a OO low mile KR that u can document for your coralsnake site. I looked at this KR awhile back and its truly an unmolested car the guy inherited from his dad who was OO and hasnt been cleaned or driven  in a looooong time. That cowl sticker is in the same place and all inspection and chalk marks are still there and laying in the trunk is the front liecense plate bracket in the bag with hardware and mounting instructions not installed since indiana dont use front plates.

Coralsnake

If I am in the area, I shall look you up!

Rodster-500

Quote from: Special Ed on January 25, 2021, 10:23:34 AM
Pete next time u come my way to indy or our shelby meet i will take u to a OO low mile KR that u can document for your coralsnake site. I looked at this KR awhile back and its truly an unmolested car the guy inherited from his dad who was OO and hasnt been cleaned or driven  in a looooong time. That cowl sticker is in the same place and all inspection and chalk marks are still there and laying in the trunk is the front liecense plate bracket in the bag with hardware and mounting instructions not installed since indiana dont use front plates.

Wow, sounds like an amazing car and has that cowl sticker.  I look forward to photos and a full report from Pete.  ;D