News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hi-Po fan shroud

Started by Clone65, January 21, 2021, 07:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clone65

Are the 65 hi po fan shrouds the same as 65 non hipo shrouds, like a car with a/c?
Photos of difference , if they are , would help me.
Thanks for your kindness.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Clone65 on January 21, 2021, 07:42:54 PM
Are the 65 hi po fan shrouds the same as 65 non hipo shrouds, like a car with a/c?
Photos of difference , if they are , would help me.
Thanks for your kindness.
Same same as non hipo Mustang fan shroud with the rubber pad stapled on the passenger side.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Clone65

Thanks Bob, your the BEST.

6s1640

Hi Clone65,

Please note, typical service parts found are different than assembly line shroud.  The biggest noticeable difference is the absent rubber pad Bob mentions.

Best of luck

Cory

Clone65

Good to know...can the pad be added?
What is function of rubber pad?
Thanks Cory

J_Speegle

Quote from: Clone65 on January 22, 2021, 09:30:45 AM
Good to know...can the pad be added?
What is function of rubber pad?
Thanks Cory

Yes the pad can be added. The pad was designed as an insulator from contact with the battery cable I would guess.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 22, 2021, 03:15:40 AM
Hi Clone65,

Please note, typical service parts found are different than assembly line shroud.  The biggest noticeable difference is the absent rubber pad Bob mentions.

Best of luck

Cory

+1 to that, lots of forming wrinkles also that are not present on the assembly line shrouds.  Repro are even worse... and thinner gauge metal.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Clone65

Thank You ALL🙂
Love learning about the details here.

6s1640

Hi Clone65,

I agree with Charles on the wrinkles, but less obvious to the untrained eye than the seeing the rubber pad or not.  I do not agree with Jeff on the reason for the pad and contact with the battery cable.  (Sorry Jeff).  Take a look at the attached images.  You can see the rubber pad is right next to the battery hold down bracket.  I believe the rubber pad was places to attenuate any intermittent contact between the fan shroud and the battery bracket.  My guess was it was a little insurance policy against a vibrating notice, referred to now days as BSR for Buzz-Squeek-Rattle.   As you can also see, without the pad there is actually some clearance.  So I am betting they eliminated the pad in the service part for two reasons (1) Engineering determined that there was consistently sufficient clearance to not required the pad and (2) eliminate the pad saved a few pennies.  What do you think?

Best of luck

Cory

J_Speegle

No problem Cory. If that is all i was wrong on this week I'm pleased. :) Should have pulled up a picture. Recalled it being mounted higher but as yours and other pictures show its mounted low and level with the battery hold down
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Clone65

Thanks to ALL who have responded. You are all the BEST. So much info would be lost if WE didnt share to asked questions!
One will ASK,  many will LEARN.
Thanks my friends🤗