News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1 owner Carroll Shelby 1983 Pantera GTS

Started by terlingua11, January 22, 2021, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 23, 2021, 04:11:50 PM
Are all cars formerly owned by Shelby American, Shelby Automobiles (e.g. the Dodge years) or anything else in some sort of company name actually/legally "owned" by CS?   And thus can legally be sold as "Owned by Carroll Shelby"?

If so, then every FoMoCo product ever produced could be claimed to have been owned by some/all members of the extended Ford family.

Man, those guys owned a heck of a lot of cars. Wonder how they found time to drive them all.  ;D

In the case of the Panteras, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a "window sticker" and it very clearly said, Sold to: Carroll Shelby. I don't remember the address.

In a discussion on the Pantera Forum the owner of Amerisport said that all of the Shelby Panteras were initially sent to him. His name is Kirk Evans and is in Ohio.

I don't know of the other cars but I did notice on the '67  shelby's DSO, add/delete sheets for my '67s DSO group a reference to the Ford steering wheel being deleted and "the purchaser to supply their own steering wheels".

I've never seen or heard of additional paperwork indicating Shelby as the purchaser but that may be circumstantial evidence that he was named as such somewhere?

Just a thought.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Harris Speedster

I can add this;
Stauffer Motors in Blue Mounds set up a contract to import GT-5 S cars from DeTomaso.
They were quite different looking than this car though. Lambo Countach type rear spoiler and much more
They could have been 1983-1985 ?

For those that do not know George, just look in the Cobra Coupe past owners, GT 40's past owners and All styles of AC Cobra's X about 20 ?.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

rkm

I just remember all the later cars had wings and flares. This one looks post '74 but pre '80 to me. Maybe an earlier model that sat and went to CS for publicity.

I could look it up in the library but I am not that interested. I like Cobras.

Harris Speedster

Looks like Carroll imported some too.?
Unsure if they were the GT-5 S cars, doesn't look like it.
Will ask George the next time I speak with him.
John
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Harris Speedster

Quote from: A-Snake on January 24, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

That is what I recall a GT -5 S looking like,
The car shown that started this topic, is an entirely different car from the one A-Snake has displayed.
Nice looking picture A snake.
John