Author Topic: wiring diagram  (Read 1447 times)

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
wiring diagram
« on: January 22, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
About a week or so ago I asked the folks here an 'Electrical Question'.  Got some great responses and sent them to my friend to help him with our quest (he said 'thanks, all!).  He lives out of state, but will be coming by next week to look over the issue and see if he can fix it.  In the meantime, he asked if anyone had any sources on getting a wiring diagram (68 Shelby GT500).  I have a Mustang book called an 'exploded view' - which is helpful, but he really would prefer a wiring diagram.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, much!

Poor Ron

• View Profile
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »
There are three on ebay right now, starting at $79.97

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 06:57:14 AM »
With the exception of the taillights and the console (alternator) wiring everything is the same as a Mustang.

There is no specific wiring diagram for the Shelby, most likely because these changes are minimal and do not change the oem wiring of the car significantly.

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 08:08:40 AM »
Our local library had some older Chilton’s type books that had wiring diagrams . Worth a visit to see what is available.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 08:54:42 AM »
I'm done with mine, you can have it if you pay shipping. Covers all 68 fords including Mustang.

PM me

Chris

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 09:44:13 AM »
I'm done with mine, you can have it if you pay shipping. Covers all 68 fords including Mustang.

PM me

Chris

I sent you a PM, Chris - I think :-) I've never done that before - lol!  Please send me a PM if you did not receive it.  Thanks!