News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

And Now For Something From The 'In Your Dreams' Category

Started by BGlover67, January 24, 2021, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

The bid starts at $500,000 with a $5,000 delivery fee.  Yikes!   :o. Signed by a man who autographed practically EVERYTHING!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Of-A-Kind-Carroll-Shelby-Painting-Signed-By-Carroll-Shelby-and-the-Artist/265024962015?hash=item3db4b7fddf:g:AgYAAOSwiTNgDGdn

One Of A Kind Carroll Shelby Painting - Signed By Carroll Shelby and the Artist!

Item specifics

Listed By:   Artist   Year:   1998
Features:   Signed, Framed   Width (Inches):   30"
Medium:   Acrylic   Date of Creation:   1990-1999
Subject:   Carroll Shelby   Originality:   Original
Style:   Realism   Height (Inches):   40"
Region of Origin:   US   Quantity Type:   Single-Piece Work
Painting Surface:   Canvas   Artist:   Jim Schroeder
Color:   
Multi-Color
Size:   Large (up to 60in.)

Here is your chance to own this "Original" Carroll Shelby, autographed painting. Carroll Shelby autographed this painting on his 75th birthday November 11, 1998. My father (Jim Schroeder) was friends with Carroll Shelby and painted these amazing images of Carroll through the years of his life along with Carroll's most beloved cars. The painting also shows Carroll as a Chicken Farmer, when he won Le Mans in 1959. Any Carroll Shelby enthusiast will appreciate everything about this original, one of a kind painting. You will never find another painting like this, especially autographed by Carroll himself.

My father has decided to sell this painting and allow some other Carroll Shelby enthusiast to enjoy it. The painting is beautifully framed and has an accent light that makes the paintings features stand out.

Bid starts at $500,000!

This piece of fine art has incredible value... that is why we are also offering delivery from the artist himself if interested. You would be allowed to take photos with Jim Schroeder and hear more stories about the painting. The delivery fee would be $5,000. Otherwise we will insure and ship the painting with the utmost care.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

JD

"... Carroll Shelby autographed this painting on his 75th birthday November 11, 1998. ..."

That is/was not Shelby's birthday month!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bigfoot

Certainly this should have already sold.
It's a factory Drag unit or whatever right?...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

It's a typo in the ad the pictures show 1-1-1985 Too bad they ruined it with the Viper on it.
I wonder what the price would be without the $150 autograph.

From the magazine Automobile. The same business model Ford used with the new GT500s and GT350s.

While Cobra patriarch Carroll Shelby was involved in the project, his involvement was at a minimal level, primarily helping to publicize and market the car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

$500,000 that's not bad......

Quick my wallet's in my right front pocket, just take the money. Oh, and I'll also take that statue of liberty too.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Cobrask8

I've got this wonderful bridge for sale. Lots of stone work, easy access, used gently....

FL SAAC

Crap, with our recent acquisition of this painting and the "Statue" puts us out the market for your bridge.....maybe next time

Quote from: Cobrask8 on January 28, 2021, 10:56:02 AM
I've got this wonderful bridge for sale. Lots of stone work, easy access, used gently....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Bigfoot on January 25, 2021, 05:28:59 PM
Certainly this should have already sold.
It's a factory Drag unit or whatever right?...

;D
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Side-Oilers

Pertaining to the Viper in the painting...I don't disagree that it is out of place, in a historical sense, but...

At the risk of creating "topic drift",  I just wanted to point out that two very talented guys (Joel Jackson and Monty Montgomery) at Shelby Automobiles in Whittier scratch-built the original (pretty sophisticated) tube-frame chassis for the "Cobra for the '90s" before it was called Viper.

I worked there at the time, in Shelby PR, and occasionally would peek behind the curtain to see the latest mods. There was a mock-up a V-10 made of wood.

After the chassis was presented to a group of Chrysler people (in CS's words to me, later in his life) "Chrysler took it and f****d it up." 

Following that, yes, Carrol's role in the Viper was mostly as figurehead.

In 2008, Joel Jackson wrote a book called "Fast Days" that covers the interesting story behind the development of the Viper, warts and all.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

JohnB

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 28, 2021, 03:46:53 PM
Pertaining to the Viper in the painting...I don't disagree that it is out of place, in a historical sense, but...

At the risk of creating "topic drift",  I just wanted to point out that two very talented guys (Joel Jackson and Monty Montgomery) at Shelby Automobiles in Whittier scratch-built the original (pretty sophisticated) tube-frame chassis for the "Cobra for the '90s" before it was called Viper.

I worked there at the time, in Shelby PR, and occasionally would peek behind the curtain to see the latest mods. There was a mock-up a V-10 made of wood.

After the chassis was presented to a group of Chrysler people (in CS's words to me, later in his life) "Chrysler took it and f****d it up." 

In 2008, Joel Jackson wrote a book called "Fast Days" that covers the interesting story behind the development of the Viper, warts and all.

https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Days-Joel-W-Jackson/dp/1439219834/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1611867551&sr=1-2

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 28, 2021, 03:46:53 PM

So did Shelby Automobiles design the first Viper?

Are there any pictures of their design floating around in the ether?