News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Need carburetor and dual point distributer for HERTZ 350 Rent a Racer

Started by klikus3, January 25, 2021, 02:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klikus3

Dear People, I was BLESSED to get a phone call from 
my "NEW" friend Keith (A SACC Pro) and he helped me get the correct seat belts for my #1616 Hertz!! Can you now help me to get the correct carburetor as well as I was told my car came with a dual point distributor. I need both, as a long time ago, I sent pictures to Howard Pardee and he told me I had a matching car and motor but carb and dist must have been replaced over the years. Your valuable help will be appreciated more than you will know. I want to get this car as correct as both my wallet and availability of parts will allow. Thank you, Ed at 267 566 3336

jk66gt350

Would also help if we knew whether your car is an automatic or 4 speed as I believe the carburetors are different. 

SJS68

I have one, but you need to tell me what part number / date codes you are looking for.

6s1640

The carb should be C6ZF-F for an automatic car.  There are no date codes on the carb for when it was used.  They may be casting dates that should proceed you car's engine assembly date.  The usage date code is on the tag.  The tag can be purchased from Marti Auto Works for any date you want.  The C6ZF-F carb will be very expensive when you find one.  So be prepared.

Don't get desperate and buy the service HiPo carb on auction.  This carb C8ZF-J is for a 1967 HiPo 289 with manual transmission.  There are nice images to review.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG-289-HIPO-K-CODE-NOS-AUTOLITE-CARBURETOR/223049248079?hash=item33eec56d4f:g:DewAAOSw3dtawaXO

The distributor will be easier to find and a little less money.  They were not tossed into the weeds like the Ford carb's were.  Short term a reissue from Motorcraft can be found.  The original will be FoMoCo.  There was also an Autolite.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-289HiPo-dual-point-Motor-craft-Distributor-C50F-12127-E-Date-Code-9H27-19/333859117776?hash=item4dbb8ddad0:g:0KcAAOSw1pJgAmnv

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-289-Hipo-K-code-Shelby-Cobra-Dual-Point-Distributor-C50F-12127-/254797691186?hash=item3b53203932%3Ag%3AMFQAAOSwWUJfyVRl&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=O%252FC7gGkEYbBmKnrBlfAHZM8LWOs%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Best of luck

Cory

68cobra427

Try Henry he rebuilds carbs for show. 

Henz64@aol.com  or 1-503-970-79055

Troy

TLea

In my opinion its the hardest Shelby carburetor to find. They also run a lot nicer than Holleys IMO. I have one restored and ready to install. Has original carb tag too. I'm not incredibly eager to part with it as I don't think I will find another but if interested contact me and we can talk. I might have distributor also

TLea

To original poster on C6ZF F carb. I waited 48 hours and no reply. To the other 7 people that contacted me trying to purchase, contact #1 bought it. I know some others offered ungodly sums but first come first serve