News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 Replacement Clutch

Started by mtdubvee, January 28, 2021, 07:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdubvee

Getting my 65 back on the road. Any recommendations for a clutch kit out there that's comparable to factory but maybe slightly stronger?
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Cobrask8

I had good experiences with a clutch Kit by ZOOM on my 68 SB and 69 SCJ. But a heavier pedal. 3- finger.  I run a kit by SPEC in the Cobra, very durable after all the track abuse. Good pedal, not hard. Diaphragm style. I tried the Ford Motorsports King Cobra clutch, the clutch disc did not hold up. But then again, I was doing 7ooo RPM downshifts on the track, and that clutch is not designed for higher RPM.

Many will chime in, many great choices. Listen and digest, ask questions.

Dan

FL SAAC

On our big blocks we have had great results with Centerforce dual friction clutch

Now if you have more up and torque this is another product that is recommended McLeod RXT street twin clutch
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

CSX 4133

Another possible option would to check with Tilton on one of their street clutches for a small block.

https://tiltonracing.com/product-category/driveline/st-246-twin-disc-street-clutch-kits/

mtdubvee

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

sfm5s081