News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Owner - 67 GT350 #2645

Started by Britton, January 30, 2021, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Wow, for being unrestored, it is in fantastic condition.

Love the antenna location. Who was the original selling dealer?

greekz

Congratulations!  Hope you have many years of enjoyment.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Bossbill

I wondered what you were going to buy after I heard of the K car sale.
Congrats.

Since you are fairly local I can't wait to see it. Perhaps at Roundup or XXX?
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

chris NOS

Congratulations ! that's a fantastic survivor you got there ! Enjoy it !  ;)

Britton

I prefer the rear mounted antenna look so it was just by chance that this car has it.

The car was shipped to Hysen-Johnson Ford in San Luis Obispo, CA although it was reportedly sold new through Riverdale Ford in Riverdale, CA. The original owner was from the Fresno area which isn't too far from Riverdale, so that makes sense. I just don't know how/why the car ended up being sold through a non-franchised Shelby dealer.
1967 GT350 #2645

s2ms

Awesome Britton, looks fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing it in person!
Dave - 6S1757

6T6/7

Congratulations Britton! Great to see another '67 GT350 in WASAAC.

I think it wasn't abnormal for mid to later cars to be sold through non-franchised Shelby dealers.  My car was sold through Scarff Motors, Auburn, WA, a non-franchised Shelby dealer.
Mark
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

gt350cs

I could not quite make out the CA License number. Can you provide the number please. Congratulations on your purchase of a great car. I know it will bring you much joy!!!

Quote from: Britton on January 30, 2021, 04:24:43 PM
I prefer the rear mounted antenna look so it was just by chance that this car has it.

The car was shipped to Hysen-Johnson Ford in San Luis Obispo, CA although it was reportedly sold new through Riverdale Ford in Riverdale, CA. The original owner was from the Fresno area which isn't too far from Riverdale, so that makes sense. I just don't know how/why the car ended up being sold through a non-franchised Shelby dealer.

I too like the rear mounted antenna. Maybe Riverdale Ford did that install.

What part of Washington are you in?

greekz

Cool.  My '66 was sold through Hysen-Johnson Ford April 1966.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Britton

Quote from: 2112 on January 30, 2021, 07:05:24 PM

I too like the rear mounted antenna. Maybe Riverdale Ford did that install.

What part of Washington are you in?

Pretty sure that Riverdale did the rear antenna install along with installing a detroit locker for the first owner.

I'm in East King County.
1967 GT350 #2645

Quote from: Britton on January 30, 2021, 10:36:28 PM

I'm in East King County.

It is great your dad helped put this package together. I assume the car was still in California and not up here in WA?

Britton

Quote from: 2112 on January 30, 2021, 10:51:09 PM
Quote from: Britton on January 30, 2021, 10:36:28 PM

I'm in East King County.

It is great your dad helped put this package together. I assume the car was still in California and not up here in WA?

Yeah, one day in December he casually mentioned the car out of the blue. So, I asked him to put me in touch, I flew down and inspected it, and as they say, the rest is history.

The car is supposed to be picked up and delivered to me next week in WA.
1967 GT350 #2645