News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Owner - 67 GT350 #2645

Started by Britton, January 30, 2021, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Britton on February 02, 2021, 01:09:10 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 02, 2021, 12:56:28 AM
Quote from: Britton on February 01, 2021, 11:55:07 PM
Appreciate all of the interest and kind words. The car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow so it should be in my garage by Friday.

I don't think the Goodyear Eagle ST is even still being made. No joke, those tires are probably only a handful of years younger than I am. I'm ordering a new set of tires tomorrow.
If you plan on pleasure driving the car don't order the reissue speedways. You will regret it. If not planing on pleasure drive then that is a different story. Some people have two sets of wheels and tires.This issue has been talked about here many times before . If you were going to order the reissue speedways I suggest that you take a minute and review all of the evidence/advice so that you can make a informed decision. Consider yourself warned. Just want you to have the best Shelby experience . :)

Thanks for the warning, Bob. I am considering having two sets of wheels/tires; one with radials and one with the reproduction speedways. I was planning to buy the radials first. I'll do a little more reading and research on the speedways.
You will be happy you choose the radials once you get the speedways mounted and have a chance to drive on them. You will not believe how much better the radials feel. FYI the bias ply reissue speedways drive exactly like they did back in the day. We are just spoiled now with the radial alternative.  When you are ready to buy the speedways your car would definitely have used the small letter speedways given the time your car was built.  https://www.kelseytire.com/performance-group-2/e70-15-speedway-350-small-letter-rwl/   .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Britton

2645 arrived to its new home in WA today safe and sound. First time its seen rain in a lot of years!
1967 GT350 #2645

It looks great wet.You may have "traction issues"though.... :DCongrats.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Britton on February 04, 2021, 09:59:31 PM
2645 arrived to its new home in WA today safe and sound. First time its seen rain in a lot of years!

To be used as intended, congratulations!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Still amazed how nice of a unrestored car it is.   8)

Saw it in person today.  Plenty of details that will need to be documented.  VERY original car! Hope to get a better look at it this weekend as we both suffered from a lack of time today.  BTW no welded washers on shock tower brackets😉

Jon

GT350DAVE

Most 67's didn't  have the washers on the shock tower brackets.
Dave

Support the SAAC Registry

Britton

Quote from: 1175 on February 04, 2021, 10:22:22 PM
Saw it in person today.  Plenty of details that will need to be documented.  VERY original car! Hope to get a better look at it this weekend as we both suffered from a lack of time today.  BTW no welded washers on shock tower brackets😉

Jon

Yes, many thanks Jon for stopping by and helping me out.  We'll have to spend some time and go over the details this weekend.
1967 GT350 #2645

gt350cs

KR Convertible

Congrats!  Looks great.  Your luck must be like mine.  Seems to rain every time I have a car delivered!    >:(

Lfino

I realize jealousy is not a virtue, but Damn!  Congrats

68krrrr

Congrats & enjoy hopefully you'll get some decent weather to take her out for a spin this weekend
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Britton

Getting new tires mounted on a spare set of wheels tomorrow am. Forecast isn't looking great, but maybe I'll be able to catch a break in the weather and be able to get out for an inaugural drive.

1967 GT350 #2645

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Britton on February 05, 2021, 11:20:51 PM
Getting new tires mounted on a spare set of wheels tomorrow am. Forecast isn't looking great, but maybe I'll be able to catch a break in the weather and be able to get out for an inaugural drive.
Hopefully you have a set of Dill brand valve stems and distinctive caps to use with the spare set wheels like what came original. That style is still relatively commonly available and many shops still use them and have them in stock. If not places like NPD sell sets. The tire shops buy them hundreds at a time in boxes. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Britton

New tires are mounted on a set of AR Torq Thrusts that I had in the garage (bought for another mustang and never installed).

Shout out to Jon (1175) who came over and helped me swap out the tires/wheels. Purists fear not, I plan to clean up the Magstars (which are the originals) and mount a set of Goodyear small letter Speedways for shows and when a more stock look is desired. Bob, I'll heed your advise on the valve stems.

Side note, I was able to see that the rear shocks are the original dated coded Autolite shocks. Fronts are original as well.

Here's a shot of the new set up (ignore the Porsche crest in the background, the Shelby shares the garage with a few Germans).

1967 GT350 #2645