News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

New Owner - 67 GT350 #2645

Started by Britton, January 30, 2021, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton

I am excited to share with everyone that I am the new owner of 1967 GT350 #2645.  I recently sold my 1966 K code fastback and it has been my dream since I was 15 to be a Shelby owner, so I started the search for one.  I was initially looking for a 1966 GT350 (since I've always had 65/66 mustangs) but through some kismet I came across 1967 #2645 via word of mouth from my father.

2645 is a moss green, 4 speed, with magstars and thermactor.  The car is unrestored and still wears its original paint, interior, and drivetrain. All the correct hard to find parts are there. Even the original Goodyear Speedway spare tire is still in the trunk along with the original trunk mat, etc. Most interestingly, the original Ford door tag was found under the carpet.

It has a documented ownership history and is a life long CA car with the original black plates from 1967 still on it.  Each prior owner took care to keep the car original and true to what a 1967 Shelby is. 

It should be arriving next week and my plan is to clean and detail the car up and replace the minor incorrect items such as coil and starter solenoid with originals and then drive it. My 3 year old daughter is already looking forward to rides in the new "mustang."

Looking forward to being a part of the Shelby community and expanding my knowledge of 67s.

Without further ado, here are some photos of it.
1967 GT350 #2645

Congrats!  I'm glad it finally worked out!  Now we will have 2 67 GT 350 outboard cars in our small town!!!
Jon

Shelby_r_b

Outstanding, and congrats!!  Great looking car, and I, personally, love the thermactor system. I had it on 2666 - not too far removed from your VIN.

Enjoy and keep us posted!
Nothing beats a classic!

Britton

Indeed, I appreciate all of your help and knowledge during the buying process. Now we just need to get yours back on the road asap!
1967 GT350 #2645

pmustang

Holy smokes that's lovely. Congrats.

JD

Beautiful car - Congratulations!!

(If you haven't already, get in touch with Dave Mathews)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

George Schalk

Congrats!!  #2645 looks to be a very nice find and a very original car.  You can restore them as many times as you want, but they're only original once!  Good luck and have fun with it.

mark p

Quote from: pmustang on January 30, 2021, 12:53:35 PM
Holy smokes that's lovely. Congrats.

+1, that ^^^ seems to sum it up, love the green  8)
Welcome aboard!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

S7MS427

Seriously cool!  Welcome to the ranks of '67 ownership.  May you keep it for many, many years and enjoy the hell out of it.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Britton

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Honestly, I was surprised to be able to find a car meeting all of the criteria I was looking for since so many cars have been restored over the years.  I'm super excited to be the new care taker.
1967 GT350 #2645

J_Speegle

Congratulations - looks like a very nice and complete example

Now enjoy it as the weather allows
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

rmarble57

Congratulations.  Can't go wrong with a '67.
I waited what seemed like a billion years to get mine. 

Bob Gaines

Congratulations on your purchase. If you need any help just ask. There are many like minded people on this forum hoping you have a great Shelby experience.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

stephen_becker