Author Topic: New Owner - 67 GT350 #2645  (Read 12325 times)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner - 67 GT350 #2645
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2021, 11:05:26 PM »
Congratulations!!  This is awesome!! 

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2021, 06:56:42 AM »
Very very nice congrats, and enjoy.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »
I prefer the rear mounted antenna look so it was just by chance that this car has it.

The car was shipped to Hysen-Johnson Ford in San Luis Obispo, CA although it was reportedly sold new through Riverdale Ford in Riverdale, CA. The original owner was from the Fresno area which isn't too far from Riverdale, so that makes sense. I just don't know how/why the car ended up being sold through a non-franchised Shelby dealer.

Congrats on acquiring a great car!

As you might know, SAI didn’t install antennas on any units shipped to dealers (by truck, or rail).
The antennas were enclosed in the trunk for dealer installation. This was done to avoid shipping damage.

Hysen-Johnson Ford may have just handled the order for Riverdale Ford to expedite the order. SAI & Ford opened up the sales to non franchise dealers in April (for an added cost). SAI shipped 37 units around the country as 'Demonstrators' for the district salesmen to reduce inventory. Your cars’ invoice was likely a “Vehicle Invoice’ and not a ‘Continuation Invoice’ which is a clue to why it was done that way.

More info on rear installed radio antennas can be found here in the SRG; https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/lDLxy7CJRjQ

More on the 37 District Demonstrators can be found here in the SRG; https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/E1DuWUmkQ-I

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 12:47:55 PM by Richstang »
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2021, 02:50:02 PM »
Hi   Britton,  Love the car.  Based on you other cars you looked at, you were destine to get a green car.

Are you going to stick with tires on the car or go with an new style OEM tire?  Or? If you plan to get out on the interstate, your may want new rubber.  We all get to struggle with this issue at some time, tires are old but look great.  Local drives is probably okay.  I do like the GOODYEAR EAGLE ST’s.

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

Britton

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2021, 08:09:58 PM »
I prefer the rear mounted antenna look so it was just by chance that this car has it.

The car was shipped to Hysen-Johnson Ford in San Luis Obispo, CA although it was reportedly sold new through Riverdale Ford in Riverdale, CA. The original owner was from the Fresno area which isn't too far from Riverdale, so that makes sense. I just don't know how/why the car ended up being sold through a non-franchised Shelby dealer.

Congrats on acquiring a great car!

As you might know, SAI didn’t install antennas on any units shipped to dealers (by truck, or rail).
The antennas were enclosed in the trunk for dealer installation. This was done to avoid shipping damage.

Hysen-Johnson Ford may have just handled the order for Riverdale Ford to expedite the order. SAI & Ford opened up the sales to non franchise dealers in April (for an added cost). SAI shipped 37 units around the country as 'Demonstrators' for the district salesmen to reduce inventory. Your cars’ invoice was likely a “Vehicle Invoice’ and not a ‘Continuation Invoice’ which is a clue to why it was done that way.

More info on rear installed radio antennas can be found here in the SRG; https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/lDLxy7CJRjQ

More on the 37 District Demonstrators can be found here in the SRG; https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/E1DuWUmkQ-I

Thanks for the helpful information. I read the thread on the rear antennas and the theory presented makes sense.

I just looked and you're correct that the invoice is a "Vehicle Invoice" rather than a "Continuation Invoice."
1967 GT350 #2645

Britton

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »
Hi   Britton,  Love the car.  Based on you other cars you looked at, you were destine to get a green car.

Are you going to stick with tires on the car or go with an new style OEM tire?  Or? If you plan to get out on the interstate, your may want new rubber.  We all get to struggle with this issue at some time, tires are old but look great.  Local drives is probably okay.  I do like the GOODYEAR EAGLE ST’s.

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

Yes, seems like a green car was meant to be.

New tires will immediately be installed. The Goodyear Eagle STs are the same ones that were on the car in the early 1990s (I have photos from that time period).
1967 GT350 #2645

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 10:45:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

Congrats!  Excellent choice in cars.   :)

Yes, seems like a green car was meant to be.

New tires will immediately be installed. The Goodyear Eagle STs are the same ones that were on the car in the early 1990s (I have photos from that time period).
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

RjPCarGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »
Nice car, Congrats!!
My first Shelby,  arrived Jan 2021 - 68 -0220

eric lipper

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
Congrats I have 2714 if you ever need to compare notes
1947 Beech Staggerwing
1955 Beech Bonanza
1963 Vette Split Window
1965 Jag Conv
1966 GT350
1967 GT500
1968 GT500KR Conv
1969 Boss 429
1969 GT500 Conv
1978 King Cobra
1984 Aerostar 700P
2001 King Air F90GT
2002 Enzo
2005 Ford GT
2005 NSX

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2021, 01:57:23 PM »
Very Nice!  Just what I've been looking for

Congratulations

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 05:13:40 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the family !

Are Goodyear Eagle STs even available anymore ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

CAR54ken

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 08:53:55 PM »
Very nice car!

Britton

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2021, 11:55:07 PM »
Appreciate all of the interest and kind words. The car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow so it should be in my garage by Friday.

I don't think the Goodyear Eagle ST is even still being made. No joke, those tires are probably only a handful of years younger than I am. I'm ordering a new set of tires tomorrow.
1967 GT350 #2645

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 12:56:28 AM »
Appreciate all of the interest and kind words. The car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow so it should be in my garage by Friday.

I don't think the Goodyear Eagle ST is even still being made. No joke, those tires are probably only a handful of years younger than I am. I'm ordering a new set of tires tomorrow.
If you plan on pleasure driving the car don't order the reissue speedways. You will regret it. If not planing on pleasure drive then that is a different story. Some people have two sets of wheels and tires.This issue has been talked about here many times before . If you were going to order the reissue speedways I suggest that you take a minute and review all of the evidence/advice so that you can make a informed decision. Consider yourself warned. Just want you to have the best Shelby experience . :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Britton

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 01:09:10 AM »

If you plan on pleasure driving the car don't order the reissue speedways. You will regret it. If not planing on pleasure drive then that is a different story. Some people have two sets of wheels and tires.This issue has been talked about here many times before . If you were going to order the reissue speedways I suggest that you take a minute and review all of the evidence/advice so that you can make a informed decision. Consider yourself warned. Just want you to have the best Shelby experience . :)

Thanks for the warning, Bob. I am considering having two sets of wheels/tires; one with radials and one with the reproduction speedways. I was planning to buy the radials first. I'll do a little more reading and research on the speedways.
1967 GT350 #2645