News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Front Coil Spring Question ?

Started by FordGT, January 29, 2021, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FordGT

I have a set of new Ford NOS coil springs with the following Ford parts tag on them C7ZZ-5310-BB.  I bought these years ago for my car but I can't find this Ford number in any of the Ford parts books.  They also have a Gary/Yellow strip on them.

Can anyone tell what the application is on these springs?

Thanks

J_Speegle

Looking at an 11/67 dated MPC there is no listing for that color marking combination or part number. There is a -B listed but its markings were different.

If you find the numbering in a later MPC it will likely show up as a replacement for one or more of the earlier springs as they reduced inventory and started grouping springs together for a wider and wider set of applications 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Was in the 72 version of the MPC and as expected it shows up in there and identified as 16" tall and rated at 1900.

Looking through the charts didn't find an application for the 67 model year for Mustangs. Does show up as being used to service 68 big blocks with AC Mustangs - auto and manual as well as some other applications that year
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge