News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

opinion needed on a 66 Shelby colour

Started by usapony, January 21, 2018, 12:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I would accept a Shelby in any color.  Ivy green is equally appealing.  Go with it!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

terlingua11

6S1904 was originally blue with white stripes. When we found it she was white with blue stripes. At the time of restoration there was the same debate. Do we paint it blue and white? Or do we go with the traditional white with blue. In 1990 there wasn't as big a focus on all original as there is today. Paint it what you like was the motto. So at the end of the day we painted her white. To this day I am still enjoying it the way "I" like it. There isn't a day I walk out to the car and say, "man I wish it was blue." I say if you find the right Shelby at the right price with all the right pieces on it..... and it's the wrong color...... and it's been painted before ( not an original paint car ) paint it! Again, it's only paint and it's been painted before. I feel that the time you are the caretaker of a specific car you should enjoy it as much as possible. If you like red and this car checks all the right boxes for you- paint it. I think paint color should be the last deterrent from buying a Shelby- just my 2 cents
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Doug C

I've had 3 Shelby Hertz cars:

1-White, 1-Green and 1-Red, all of them were great colors and cars, the red one has been more of an attention getter (it's red is the reason), the green one was the classicist looking and when people talked about it said so, and while driving the white one the comment most received was what happened to the blue strips.   

I personally bought the car not the color as I feel you buy one as nice as you can find and take the color it was born with.

Of course this is only my experiences and opinion.  I again believe just to be lucky enough to have a 66 Shelby is a treat in its self.   Good Luck

06H275

I would keep it original! The brand new shiny green will WOW you! And definitely white stripes!

6S1568

I agree with Doug C, Green is a very classy color when done correctly.