Author Topic: Marti Report v. Dealer Invoice  (Read 3976 times)

marjory

• View Profile
Marti Report v. Dealer Invoice
« on: February 01, 2021, 05:39:18 PM »
Looking at a '71 Boss that is equipped with ac & power windows.  Both look bone stock original and the dash is not chopped.  The Marti does not list either item as being ordered with the car.  What are the chances the dealer invoice would be different to reflect those 2 options.  Or, are Marti's reliable in that respect. 

Stillakid54

• View Profile
Re: Marti Report v. Dealer Invoice
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »
Marti should be reliable for the power windows, or absence thereof. I am sure A/C not an option on the boss 1.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 07:10:57 PM »
You refer to a dealer invoice. Is this vintage Ford dealer paperwork ?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »
I have heard there was only one Boss that ever got "factory" AC. It was a white 1970 that was a Ford Exec car. Rumors from the time period said the lack of AC was said to be due to the high reving capability of the Cleveland would destroy the compressor.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Looking at a '71 Boss that is equipped with ac & power windows.  Both look bone stock original and the dash is not chopped.  The Marti does not list either item as being ordered with the car.  What are the chances the dealer invoice would be different to reflect those 2 options.  Or, are Marti's reliable in that respect.

Can't say I've ever seen a 71 Boss 351 with factory AC

Is the engine code an "R" ?

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
 The 70 gt500 scj GG vert 481710 we bought in alaska had ARA air and it was documented in paperwork on invoices and on a shelby letter with the serial # of the shelbys that were sent to ARA grand prairie TX company to be installed or have ford dealer install the unit then the car went to houston TX for a doctors (wife) to drive. That doctor was A J Floyt (houston) personal doctor. Nate will post photos shortly. This RARE shelby was at our French lick show last fall after nate finished correcting the car after it was shipped from alaska then it went to K. C. Mason Jones collection to join the OTHER 70 GT500 GG scj vert 481855 (Wayne Curry used to own) that also had ARA documented on shelby paperwork the only 2 drag pack cars to have ARA added at the ARA factory in TX. There were 11 69-70 shelbys  8 428s and 3 351s with ARA. I have seen 2 70 boss 429s that had dealer installed air (probly the only way the ford dealer could sell them since there were late 70 b9s sitting around unsold) Its very BUSY  and HEAVY under the hood of a loaded 428 scj shelby and boss 429 to add  A/C with the oil cooler in front of a/c condensor in grill area so good thing those cars had P/S coolers.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 12:55:06 PM by Special Ed »

nate

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • Nate's Classic Cars
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 02:06:25 PM »
Here are some pics of an SCJ drag pack convertible Ed and I found in AK. I had in the shop a few months ago to correct it. Ed has a Shelby invoice with serial numbers of 11 cars (I believe) sent to ARA to get AC installed. These were Texas cars so they added ARA to sell them, also ARA was near by.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 02:07:58 PM »
Nate do you have a build sheet for this car?

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »
Coming up pete i just sent 3 papers to nate to post marti invoice  build sheet and the blueish green order sheet as this car had pink and greenish and 1 is 69 then 70 look at ink stamped dates nov 69 not on greenish also note Big Tires wrote out in lh bottom SPECIAL instructions as this car was built end of march and got the big suspension XHD  F-60-15 option. Remember in shelby meetings letters (50 or so 69 shelbys were to get the big 69 boss 302 type suspension in late march). So even thou the paperwork didnt always mention this  new option as ford probly didnt know what to call it or how much it would cost yet it started showing up late march and onto the end of 69 shelby production. 481871 is first car showing up in registry with F-60-15 on paperwork but we know how serial #s were  assigned had nothing to do with what order the cars were assembled on the line and in groups or when ordered etc.  I have documented several late march shelbys that had the XHD F-60-15 tire suspension but wasnt on the invoice. You have to look at the spindle ID #s and rotors ,tie rods ,draglink, strutrods ,upper control arms,etc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:27:20 PM by Special Ed »

nate

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • Nate's Classic Cars
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 04:18:48 PM »
Here you go Pete!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 04:36:01 PM »
Out of these 11  ARA shelbys 10 went  to texas and florida (probly the only way ford could sell these expensive cars in them hot states is to add ARA) . The other 1 went to NJ.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 05:53:33 PM »
and Joe Myers is your long lost brother?

Thanks for posting these Nate. That is a good find!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
Joe is my oldest of 7 brothers and 6 of my brothers are a year apart in a row and thats why my dad had a big farm to keep us busy and out of trouble  haha!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »
Joe is my oldest of 7 brothers and 6 of my brothers are a year apart in a row and thats why my dad had a big farm to keep us busy and out of trouble  haha!
So that explains the other brothers keeping busy . What's your excuse? ;) :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 09:46:59 PM »

To answer your question Marti reports are hit and miss when it comes to options. I had a 1970 Boss 302 mustang that I picked up unrestored, it was Comp yellow with a white interior, the Marti report said it should have a black interior. Things happen, orders change from central processing to production line.. 
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years