News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Connection lower package tray at interior panel

Started by DRGT350, February 01, 2021, 11:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRGT350

Another question-

What size rivets or screws were used to attach the package tray to the interior at the bottom?
My car had nothing in the holes..

Dave

Bob Gaines

Quote from: DRGT350 on February 01, 2021, 11:41:25 PM
Another question-

What size rivets or screws were used to attach the package tray to the interior at the bottom?
My car had nothing in the holes..

Dave
Dave,I have always seen screws. Many times they were similar to the ones used on the package tray above the trap door opening.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Brant

I usually see screws. That said, I have seen pop rivets also. I don't think that you can say either way is incorrect.

Here is just one example of screws.

Then pop rivets.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

DRGT350

thanks Bib and Brent - appreciate the help !

dave

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Brant on February 02, 2021, 10:19:56 AM
I usually see screws. That said, I have seen pop rivets also. I don't think that you can say either way is incorrect.

Here is just one example of screws.

Then pop rivets.

Do you think that the screws and rivets were touched up black from the factory or past owner?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Got to ask. Are we discussing 65 or 66 cars?

All the ones I have pictures of and have seen I recall having been unpainted screws on 65's. We'll see what they are

Will upload a number of examples in a little while
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

DRGT350

Jeff,

I was referring to 1965 gt350 in my original post,
Again thanks for the help.

Dave

mygt350

Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

chris NOS