News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5S482 Up for auction

Started by KR Convertible, April 03, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

They need to buy a Registry.

Tinface

022 link=topic=1371.msg11617#msg11617 date=1522808330]
Anyone have any additional history on this car beyond the registry and / or this listing?
[/quote]

In my diligent and persistent 3 year research project looking for a SFM, I ran across 6S482 on classiccars.com on 09/24/17. I entered into serious negotiations between 09/24/17 and 12/10/17 on the vehicle and hit an impass with the seller when he dug in at at a price of $355,000 BEFORE he sent the car off to pay John in Oklahoma to take the car from a very nice driver status, which I was looking for, to auction ready car, to ship off to Scottsdale Arizona for the auction thereafter.

I was prepared to pay the seller $325,000 for the car. I liquidated some assets to have them ready and had the cash in the checking account for him which I later used to purchase SFM2184 for materially less. I felt the car was worth $325,000 after reviewing all of  the auction result I could get ahold of over the last 4 years.

Ultimately, later on down the road, we usually figure out whether or not our past decisions led us to the right result or not. It appears 6S482 vehicle did not sell at Scottsdale after all. We'll see what happens next. I believe it appears to be a really nice car. An inspection would be critical before that kind of cash outlay. I'm happy with 6S2148 but like all things, it's not perfect. Time will tell.

Tin

davez

This thread is about 5s482, not 6s482. Are you sure which car you are referring to.

sfm5

I heard this car hammered at $363K. Anyone have any more info on this sale?
65 GT350

PhilS

$330k hammer. $363k all in.

sfm5s081

well, it did better than in Az. Market picking up?

chris NOS

you can't really talk about the whole market just with one auction sale and one particular car i think...

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: chris NOS on April 23, 2018, 03:55:30 PM
you can't really talk about the whole market just with one auction sale and one particular car i think...

I couldn't agree more.  Some people will take one sale at face value and predict where the entire market is headed. I wish it was that easy...truly.  There are SO many factors that go into pricing, especially at an auction (condition, money in the room, etc.).  I've seen people (particularly at Mecum Auctions) buy cars are crazy low prices, take them to the VERY next auction, and sell them for way more money.  Unfortunately, I'm not that good / lucky.   ;)

Unfortunately, there is just too much variance between cars to really know exactly what the market is doing. It would be MUCH easier if there was a universal scale of value that was used in relation condition / demand, relative to selling price.  And, while there have been effort by different magazines, its still a crap-shoot.

Just my 2 cents...
Nothing beats a classic!

5s386

Quote from: PhilS on April 22, 2018, 06:36:14 PM
$330k hammer. $363k all in.

Bet the buyer didn't have a Shelby expert inspect it before the bidding.