News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Current judging sheets fort 1969 GT350

Started by SChatman, February 02, 2021, 01:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 10, 2021, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 10, 2021, 07:16:23 AM
one question I don't think I have ever seen answered is the 4 speed vacuum advance on a 1970 Shelby. All GT350 69s used a single advance. My 70 GT350 4 speed car has the original "ED" distributor with a dual advance that was never off the distributor in my opinion. My vert is pretty correct parts wise and where it isn't I have most of the parts to make it correct. Now my under carriage paint (all red and as nice as the red top) and BC/CC on the top are not and that was my preference at the time of resto 20 years ago. Ed has looked over my car before and pointed things out(thanks again Ed) and eventually I'll get it all "correct" but it scored a MCA gold in 2003(685 out of 700) but wouldn't score gold right now in SAAC div 2 I bet. I have been driving my car since then. When I retire I think I'll start tearing it down and upgrading parts on it. Gary
The concours expectations are a evolving process and with more information comes a change in expectations . Thank goodness for the legacy of the marque that the rules are not stuck in the past but evolving. Evolving for the better hopefully.
I believe they are. Restorations have been getting much better since I did my vert(1996-2002) and I have learned things that I did wrong on my vert when I had it judged and also over the years what were more correct parts like a button top fuel pump.  One day I'll tear my vert back apart and get serious to bring it back up to gold status. Been driving so that takes its toll on Exhaust manifolds and engine paint, ECS stickers, wear on hood twist lock brackets etc. Doesn't look too bad for a 20 year resto(TIME FLIES) but its almost time to tear it apart. But if I get another 70 Shelby vert or a 68 GT500 then it may have to wait....Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)