Author Topic: Former owner from Portland OR  (Read 1661 times)

Speed Six

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Former owner from Portland OR
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:16:28 AM »
My car is not an original but a tribute (as some may have read in other topics) built some 30 years ago in the Coachella/Palm Springs area.
From there it went to Portland to a Mr. David Leroy Schroeder. Via Google I´ve found some information that he is/was quite active in historic racing, mostly with Porsches. He did own the Mustang for 8/9 years and did some minor events, as far as I know, also took part in the Forest Grove Rotary Concours in that time (up to 2008/9).
It would be nice to get in touch with him to fill in a bit more of the history.
He sold the car to a guy in France in 2009 - unfortunately he doesn´t have any contact details any more.

It would be great if someone here might know Mr. Schroeder.

Ralf

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
Re: Former owner from Portland OR
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 07:58:52 AM »
if you have a picture of it ,R tribute? i know few cars in France...

Speed Six

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 08:03:50 AM »
Chris - thank you for your reply, but I am looking for the one who owned it before it went to France. I have been in contact which the French man, he has been very helpful but couldn´t find any contact informations from Mr. Schroeder in Portland.

But here are a few photos how it looked when still in the USA - it did acquire stripes later when on our side of the Atlantic. ;)

Speed Six

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »
Some more - two of them are probably from the Concours. One is the owner´s garage...quite a nice place !

Speed Six

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »
The other photos.

joephil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 06:31:59 AM »

Speed Six

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 07:44:31 AM »
Hey - great find - thank you !! It did look good without the stripes. They are not painted, so maybe I remove them again ?
The car had been sold definitely in Dec 2008, I have the bill of sale and also the customs and registration papers from France, so, maybe, Pentecost just used a photo he had ?