Author Topic: Seam sealer  (Read 3245 times)

cbrown

• View Profile
Re: Seam sealer
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 12:07:48 PM »
This is gun we use.  I do not regulate the pressure down at the gun and the fan control on side of gun is only opened about 1/4 turn.  I do exactly what jeff said.  I do test spray on piece of card board and ge desired pattern and then go at it!!  He is a couple of pic of 67 we just did. I think we have some video of us spraying wheelhouses and floor on instagram if you do that stuff.

chris

Rbwiii

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »
I have the same gun...was having issues with lack of volume, I was running regulated at 80 psi. Sounds like I am running to low of pressure.  Will try it non- regulated...thanks for the help

Ben

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
I have the same gun...was having issues with lack of volume, I was running regulated at 80 psi. Sounds like I am running to low of pressure.  Will try it non- regulated...thanks for the help

Ben
Couple of things to consider. First make sure your gun is absolutely spotless after every use and if it’s been sitting a while you may have residue built up inside. The worst thing about the guns they are incredibly hard to clean. The second is shelflife of the product. Often when we come up with the tube that doesn’t spray well we look at the date and find out it’s been around for a couple years.
Lastly and probably the most important is we find the product sprays best when the product itself is at a temperature of 80° and above. Generally what we do is put them under a heat lamp for about half an hour before we spray. Wait a minute, does the temperature ever get below 80° in Bakersfield LOL