News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT350 on CL

Started by JWH, February 04, 2021, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

This car has had a color change from Lime Gold to "Thunderbird Charcoal Gray Metallic."

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/d/laguna-beach-1967-shelby-gt350/7272215071.html

2 owners, 55k miles from new, extensive documentation including MSRP, Marti

Year: 1967
Make: Shelby
Model: GT350
VIN: 67210F7A02759
Stock #: 1969524
Mileage: 55751
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission: 3 Speed Automatic
Engine: 289 V8
Exterior Color: Charcoal Gray
This gorgeous and authentic Shelby GT 350 is well documented with history from day 1, records include the window sticker, build sheet, Marti Report, Shelby Registry certificate, restoration receipts, restoration photos of every stage and much more. The car is almost completely original specifications except where noted below. When any parts that were update, the original parts were retained and come with the car. This vehicle has received performance and cosmetic modifications. These modifications can be reversed should the buyer wish to do so. In some instances this would be as simple as unbolting a part and replacing it with the original. I other cases, such as the color change or the engine build, a much more involved procedure would be required to return it to its original configuration. PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS The engine has been modified to run efficiently on 91 Octane unleaded gasoline and to produce upwards of 390 BHP and 425 lb feet of torque, placing it in a performance category well above a stock GT500. In addition, due to the utilization of light weight and heat dissipating aluminum and steel components, this car will significantly out handle a GT500 on the road. The specific modifications are outlined and explained below: 1. Edlebrock Performer Aluminum Heads: Higher compression possible with 91 octane fuel. Greater heat dissipation and less weight than the original cast iron heads. 2. 347 Stroker Conversion: 10.5 : 1 Compression ration. Forged crankshaft, Shot peened rods, Forged pistons. 3. Recurved Dual Point Distributor utilizing the original unit. 4. Engle RV Camshaft with Solid Lifters 5. Roller Rocker Arms 6. FlowTech Performance Headers: Ceramic coated. ( Original Cast Iron High performance exhaust manifolds are stored in the trunk.) 7. High Performance Torque Converter with Boss 302 spline count 8. Boss 302 input shaft and transmission clutch disks & torque converter 9. Positraction Differential built by Bill Thompson Enterprises 10. Flex Fan for less resistance at high RPM, (Original HiPo fan is stored in the trunk.) 11. Aluminum high performance water pump 12. Aluminum components were left unpainted to aid in the dissipation of heat. COSMETIC MODIFICATIONS The original lime Green paint was completely removed down to the bare metal surface. Neither Ford nor Shelby American were known for their attention to detail when it came to the fit of body parts. As a result, it was decided to take the time and effort necessary to improve the alignment and finish of these pieces before repainting would commence. At this time, it was decided to change the body color due to the fact that Lime Green is just and awful color. In its place, 1967 Thunderbird Charcole Gray Metallic with White Rally Stripes was selected. While many may take issue with this decision, the abundance of "Best of Show" and "First Place" Trophies seems to vindicate the color change, not to mention the stunning, attention getting appearance of the car. The Outboard high beam headlights and grill were replaced with Inboard headlights and grill. The original grill and brackets are stored in the trunk, and can be reinstalled in short order. In addition, most major components and brackets of the undercarriage and engine bay were Powder Coated for durability and appearance. Ownership History: 1967 Sold New to J. Tomasoff by Glendale, CA Ford Dealership (Mileage: 0.0) 2000 Transferred to Bobette Tomasoff upon husband's death. (Mileage: 52,800) 2001 Sold to Timothy Howard (Mileage: 52,800) 2002 Disassembled for Rotisserie Restoration (Mileage: 53,200 approx.) 2004 Restoration Completed (Mileage: 53,200) 2021 For Sale: ( Mileage: 55,695 ) 2,895 miles since restoration. This Shelby GT 350 is exempt from California smog certification and comes with a clean California title. Low rate financing is available with rates as low as 3.5% APR with approved credit. You can apply directly on our web site by clicking on the "Financing" tab. We can also arrange delivery to almost anywhere. We are always looking to consign and buy classic cars, muscle cars, and European sports cars. Our consignment program is simple: no cost to you if it doesn't sell, 93% sell rate.

Britton

Per the Marti report, it looks like this is one of the "rail cars" damaged in 1967.
1967 GT350 #2645

Kent

Then I know it that one was for sale many months ago. I think there is a thread about it when it was for sale and we were talking about the rail cars.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

acapulco350

I think that colour on a 67 looks fantastic

Slightly better than Lime Green which they say it grows on you

I don't think I would want anything green growing on me  8)

Anyone catch a asking price in that painfully long run-on paragraph?

mjv458

$129,500.  It says so in the Craig's List ad.

gt350cs

This particular car was replaced by 67210F7A02763 which was shipped to ABJ Ford, Inc. - Trenton, Illinois on 7/13/67.

greekz

Yes, it is one of the Derailment Cars.  I looked at it February 2012 at Tim Howard's house.  2759 sustained frontal damage in the derailment.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Quote from: 2112 on February 04, 2021, 02:10:09 PM
Quote from: mjv458 on February 04, 2021, 01:52:37 PM
$129,500.  It says so in the Craig's List ad.

Ah, It's in the heading. And here I was trying to find it that freaking never ending paragraph.

Mojie21

These cars with 'A' in the Ford vin in the blue typeface, when did these cars get the hipo installed? Same as normal, or would they remove the 225 hp and install the 271 hp?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mojie21 on February 04, 2021, 05:08:42 PM
These cars with 'A' in the Ford vin in the blue typeface, when did these cars get the hipo installed? Same as normal, or would they remove the 225 hp and install the 271 hp?
Same as normal just a stamping glitch apparently. Another example is there are GT500's with K code engine codes too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

Seems like a nice driver car, but strong money for a color-change and a whole lot of non-original engine mods.  No mention if that has the original block or not.  Plus (or is that minus?) automatic trans.  No way could there be any tropies for originality.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 69mach351w on February 06, 2021, 07:14:10 PM
I noticed in the photo with the Shelby VIN tag, you can see the Ford VIN. The "R" after the "7" don't look like an "R". I don't see the loop around from the top.  The letter to me looks like something other than an "R".
Also after the "K" it says 213587 but the Marti report says 113587. So 2 typos in the VIN? I would find it hard to believe another hipo car was found with a "x13587" to match up. I think the line worker was having a really bad day. Anyone?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

GT350DAVE

The Ford Vin. looks good to me and it matches the Marti report.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry