News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford has Dealer remove $10k Mark up

Started by FL SAAC, March 11, 2021, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

After ignoring it for the last 25 years on the SVT products.\

Oh, that's right. This is an electric car and FoMoCo management is now as woke as them come.    :P

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 2112 on March 11, 2021, 02:37:43 PM

Oh, that's right. This is an electric car and FoMoCo management is now as woke as them come.    :P

The only way Ford could "make" the dealer remove a markup is if there is wording in their dealership or MachE allocation agreement that no markup may be charged.
People have a big misconception that they are Ford's customer and they are buying their car from Ford Motor Corp. The dealer is Ford's customer. Ford tells the dealer X number of cars are on the way and have the check ready. Once they hit the lot they are owned by the dealership and theirs to sell at any price they can get.

And yes Ford is 110% woke. I have been looking to buy a new truck. Sadly it won't be an F150 (a similar equipped Chevy is 5-8 grand cheaper and has a proven LS engine. It ends up about the same money as the Ford with X plan). The woke EcoBoost drivetrain is a joke. Yes it get the mileage they say if you drive it like granny and yes it will tow what it says but then the mileage goes in the toilet. The answer is of course a big old naturally aspirated V8 loafing along. The only problem I see with the 5.0 in the F150 is their use of spray on cylinder liners. I can only compare that to the same spray on coating that Chevy did to the Vega pistons. We all know how that worked out. Yes it may be fine but at 70 years old I don't want my last truck to be a gamble. It seems my best option is putting a new engine in our 2004 Excursion. It still runs fine but with nearly 300,000 miles on it I just want it dead reliable to make our 6-12 month retirement trip around the US. We can use our non-turbo V6 Flex it tows our 20' 4,500 lb travel trailer fine. The problem is the mileage drops to 10mpg. With an 18 gallon tank that means we need to stop every couple hours for fuel. Our heavier, less aero, 4x4, 5.4 V8 Excursion with the same 285 horsepower and a 44 gallon tank makes more sense. It also gets 12 mpg towing so it's the right tool for the job.
RANT OFF - continue Mach-E(dsel) thread. BTW: Anyone else notice Lincoln revived the old Corsair moniker from Edsel for one of their SUVs?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Got to push these out before the batteries expire.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Simply terrible wasting the word corsair,  should have been named the corsage

Webster's: Corsair an over priced explorer or a pirate

Be a pirate

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 11, 2021, 04:02:38 PM

The only way Ford could "make" the dealer remove a markup is if there is wording in their dealership or MachE allocation agreement that no markup may be charged.
People have a big misconception that they are Ford's customer and they are buying their car from Ford Motor Corp. The dealer is Ford's customer. Ford tells the dealer X number of cars are on the way and have the check ready. Once they hit the lot they are owned by the dealership and theirs to sell at any price they can get.

And yes Ford is 110% woke. I have been looking to buy a new truck. Sadly it won't be an F150 (a similar equipped Chevy is 5-8 grand cheaper and has a proven LS engine. It ends up about the same money as the Ford with X plan). The woke EcoBoost drivetrain is a joke. Yes it get the mileage they say if you drive it like granny and yes it will tow what it says but then the mileage goes in the toilet. The answer is of course a big old naturally aspirated V8 loafing along. The only problem I see with the 5.0 in the F150 is their use of spray on cylinder liners. I can only compare that to the same spray on coating that Chevy did to the Vega pistons. We all know how that worked out. Yes it may be fine but at 70 years old I don't want my last truck to be a gamble. It seems my best option is putting a new engine in our 2004 Excursion. It still runs fine but with nearly 300,000 miles on it I just want it dead reliable to make our 6-12 month retirement trip around the US. We can use our non-turbo V6 Flex it tows our 20' 4,500 lb travel trailer fine. The problem is the mileage drops to 10mpg. With an 18 gallon tank that means we need to stop every couple hours for fuel. Our heavier, less aero, 4x4, 5.4 V8 Excursion with the same 285 horsepower and a 44 gallon tank makes more sense. It also gets 12 mpg towing so it's the right tool for the job.
RANT OFF - continue Mach-E(dsel) thread. BTW: Anyone else notice Lincoln revived the old Corsair moniker from Edsel for one of their SUVs?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Saw a  door Mach-e on the road yesterday.  It turned to go to Costco.  I think bulk packages of Duracell batteries are on sale. ;)

Chad

67 GT350

Sheeze, I thought this forum liked Fords. Guess not. Does that mean there will be many Old Shelby Mustangs for sale?? You can go and get a new Corvette...Anyone got a 66 they want to get rid of? Prices are coming down.....LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 11, 2021, 08:19:55 PM
Sheeze, I thought this forum liked Fords. Guess not. Does that mean there will be many Old Shelby Mustangs for sale?? You can go and get a new Corvette...Anyone got a 66 they want to get rid of? Prices are coming down.....LOL

It does and we do love Ford's. Don't like the Mach  E, do love Maki. Old cars are constantly on the market as is ever changing. New Vette continues to impress, best value for your money and some even compare it to the Fellalis......back to the topic Ford comes down on over pricing dealer

I have all UNGOLD cars

Spray on liners are proven at this point.

BMW has been perfecting it over the last 30 years and Ford bought that technology out of Germany.

2013 GT500's don't have cylinder wall issues unless you break reciprocating parts that smash into them.

Maybe Ford will get the Godzilla engine into half-ton truck soon.