News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Daddy bought me a Cobra!

Started by Coralsnake, February 13, 2021, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Yes, I am jealous. I had a used 1973 Plymouth Fury - 4 door that was a pale yellow.

shelbydoug

Well post a picture of what you looked like then. Maybe that's the reason?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Vernon Estes

If I am not mistaken, im pretty sure she purchased 3 Cobras? The one pictured was her first and it was crashed out.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

DC-DD

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 13, 2021, 08:48:25 AM
Well post a picture of what you looked like then. Maybe that's the reason?

;D :D 

A-Snake

A-Snake

Quote from: Vernon Estes on February 13, 2021, 08:51:02 AM
If I am not mistaken, I'm pretty sure she purchased 3 Cobras? The one pictured was her first and it was crashed out.

Kind regards,
Vern

The Registry shows two. CSX2067 was first registered by her mother as Carol wasn't 18. She wreaked that car and later either purchased or was given CSX2544 which had before her acquiring had fallen off a truck.

Special Ed

Well pete i am jealous of your first car a 73 plymouth WOW!  My first car was a 61- 63 pontiac tempest lemans that i bought for $50.00 (my lifes savings) and the car was sitting behind a used car lot on the ground after someone stole the wheels of it and dropped it on the ground. I had to round up 4 wheels and borrow a jack and a few days later i went to pick up my new ride. When i got to the lot and was jacking up the car a guy came out of the shop and asked me if i wanted these 4 chrome reverse wheels and tires sitting in back of the shop as the cops caught the thieves and returned the wheels just before i went to pick up the car. I called this 63 pontiac lemans a  444   as it was a   4 cyl.  4  barrel  4 speed  and it had independent rear suspension so my lemans was poor mans cobra !

mk31755

I bought my first car in 71.  It was a 65 mgb.  The poor thing was devestated by harsh northern winters and did not last another five years before being consumed by rust.....may she rest in peace

Co-wrote the music to Rocky as well.

Scroll down for Cobra pics:

https://www.carolconnors.com/main.htm

Coralsnake

In all fairness it was my mother's car. It looked an awful lot like this:

My first car was actually a 1973 Mustang Grande. I guess that is a lot closer to a Cobra!

98SVT - was 06GT

Here's the LP - $50 obo + the postage.
My first car was a 1928 Dodge I traded my 1/4 midget for when I was in the 8th grade. My first new car was an arrest-me-red 1970 Roadrunner - a real Sally Rand the only option it had was a AM radio.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Wrecked my future father-in-laws 73 Fury when I T-boned a girl in a Granada. Her fault. Luckily for her I hit the rear driver's side door and she wasn't injured.  He ended up in a Fox platform LTD.  But I still married his daughter.  So it worked out.  :)

Side-Oilers

I don't have my registry at hand, so I'll ask the stupid questions:

Is the urban legend that CS "gave" Carol Connors a Cobra just BS?   

Wasn't the whole thing cooked up as a PR stunt? 

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

A-Snake

Quote from: Side-Oilers on February 13, 2021, 03:48:05 PM
I don't have my registry at hand, so I'll ask the stupid questions:

Is the urban legend that CS "gave" Carol Connors a Cobra just BS?   

Wasn't the whole thing cooked up as a PR stunt?

The Registry states that CSX2067 was given to Carol. She was unable to register the car because of her age and insurance costs. Her mother registered it. It is not clear whether the replacement car, CSX2544, was gifted to her or not.

98SVT - was 06GT

Shelby didn't even "give" old race cars to his drivers. I doubt he'd give her a Cobra when there were far more people in places to get him more PR for a free car. But she was a cute UCLA coed at the time
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless