News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S001 at BJ

Started by gjz30075, January 21, 2018, 05:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249

Brant

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

acman63

anybody see who bought it? TV  went to commercial when this and the 65 went on the block
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

sfm5s081

I think the expectations were the car was going to bring more than $1m! Then again, the R model should have brought a lot more

Vernon Estes

Quote from: sfm5s081 on January 23, 2018, 12:06:24 PM
I think the expectations were the car was going to bring more than $1m! Then again, the R model should have brought a lot more

I think a 550 hammer and 605 all in price represents a strong and appropriate price for a very important car. Dont know why anyone would have expected a street spec car to bring over $1m personally.

The hammer also represents a strong profit on the car from its sale a year or so ago at Worldwide where it brought in the high 300s hammer price.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

silverton_ford

I think the $1,000,000 price expectation came from when the previous owner had it on their website for that price.

I agree $605,000 is strong money for such an important car.  Many folks do not like the vinyl roof and think it is ugly; but then again there is a lot of folks that like it.  That is a different topic and probably getting off track.

SBCARGUY

Quote from: Vernon Estes on January 23, 2018, 12:37:16 PM

I think a 550 hammer and 605 all in price represents a strong and appropriate price for a very important car. Dont know why anyone would have expected a street spec car to bring over $1m personally.

The hammer also represents a strong profit on the car from its sale a year or so ago at Worldwide where it brought in the high 300s hammer price.

Kind regards,
Vern

The car was sold at Worldwide for $456,500 ($415,000 hammer) with the buyers premium... It is a very special car but, didn't bring seller much profit after the smoke clears :)

Grumpy

Hey it is the #1 car. How do ya really put a price on it ? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder  8) What did the "R" model go for ?

SBCARGUY

Neither "R" model sold at Scottsdale

SFM6S087

Quote from: Vernon Estes on January 23, 2018, 12:37:16 PM

Kind regards,
Vern

Vern, my notes agree with SBCARGUY. I show this car to have auctioned in 2016 for $456,500 ($415,000 hammer plus fees). But we could be wrong. Can you double check your source on the high 300s hammer price you mentioned. At this point, I suppose it's of no real consequence. But I try to track the prices on carryovers and would like to correct my records if my current info about this car is wrong.

Thanks,
Steve