News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dove Engine PArts

Started by TS69GT500, January 24, 2021, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TS69GT500

I know Jim Dove founder of Dove Engine Parts passed away several years ago but does anyone know what the status of Dove has been since?
Has anyone taken over the operation or have all the molds/patterns been sold off?
Dove was a pioneer in the FE engine parts world long before anyone else.
I also remember John Chacci (since passed also) who was Dove's master machinist/pattern maker at many swap meets and at SAAC Watkins Glen in 1993.
They had the ability to turn out some really nice FE hardware and just wondering if anyone knows where it all went.

Thanks,
TonyS       

vtgt500

Thanks for the link.  Am a bit nervous learning product is out of production.  Have Dove rockers and shafts on my side oiler build.  Worked well for many years now.  But on an extended road trip a broken rocker would be a major issue.  Carrying a couple spares and a few adjusting screws would be wise.  What are my options?

gt350hr

There are MANY aftermarket FE rocker options now and several superior to the Dove offering that was good at the time. Precision Oil Pumps offers a similar looking , far superior rocker system in aluminum. T&D offers "the best" IMHO.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

S7MS427

Quote from: vtgt500 on January 29, 2021, 09:24:56 AM
But on an extended road trip a broken rocker would be a major issue.

Sad to say that is what happened to me on a trip to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle one year.  I had a Dove rocker seize on a rocker shaft.  However I put the blame on the engine builder for reversing one of the rocker shaft stands and staving that side of the engine for oil.  Made a hell of a racket when it happened.  Glad I had AAA to get the car back to a friend's shop.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

mikeh

Been running the Dove wide rockers, shafts, end support stands for close to 30 years in a 428CJ. Street car but .600+ lift solid cam with lots of duration & 1/4 mile passes. Best setup I found available at that time! I check the lash every 10 years or so & never adjust anything.

Good stuff in the day & still serving me well!!!