News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5r213 for sale in Hemmings

Started by sfm5, April 06, 2018, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SFM5S000 on April 18, 2018, 09:54:56 PM
Absolutely gorgeous car. But in addition to Bob Gaines' and gt350hr's comment for perfection. I think I'm seeing something that SEEMS to me and it's blatantly obvious (again to me) amiss. I'm a fanatic about "R Model" details. That being just the radiator top, location of the upper hose is good. I know the radiator top the other way around. The opening being on the drivers side. I can see how this could have been mistakenly done. IF during a recore of the radiator, the top could have been put on that way. Or if this particular radiator was originally built this way then okay, I'm good with it. Don't beat me up for pointing it out, but that's how I know an R model radiator should be.

Unfortunately, the posting of photos issue still exists, otherwise I would post many photos to make my point.

Cheers,
~Earl J
Good catch the cap opening originally is normally towards the driver side.  It must have been put on backwards during re coring as you say.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

sfm5s081

This beauty belongs t a board member. He promised me that I could drive it for a weekend ;)

SBCARGUY

It makes the right sound... Spectacular to look at it...

But to drive for the weekend?

From True personal experience Unless you want to RACE it for the weekend... Not exactly fun  :)

Appreciate all the comments.