Author Topic: Please help ID the '67 '68 & '69 GT500s at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show (Jan 14th)  (Read 1278 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Special Ed

• View Profile
We were there for this new car showing thanks to George Huisman CDC working with ford on this event. George asked me where they could get 676869 shelbys in red white blue that were in the area and we found them. The blue 69 is chris browns drag pack vert a top concours restoration with nos parts even nos tires that used to be mine.  We had the most fun after the show at Camilos place just down from cobo hall at his party house. Camilo (GT 40 designer) had his  GT (that he custom painted) on display at the party and had an unveiling party with lots of ford brass at the party.  I was shocked at how many photographers were at cobo hall for this new shelby press release and it was strick invitation only as u had to be involved and invited. I talked to Aaron Shelby while i was there and some GT 40 ford guys that were at Lemans when our group went over to france for the 50th race and i got pickpocketed while at lemans race and the airlines lost my luggage. So i had no $ and no clothes for 10 days and when i got home a month later i started getting speeding tickets wrote in french for the next 7 days. I was driving in france since i rented the car (and thats another story since i got charged $3000.00 for car rental 10 days and couldnt read the contract since it was french i just signed it not knowing about the limited mileage per day extra charges  ) and the guys i was with said drive as fast as u want its the autobahn and all signs were french and none of us knew french. Well in france they got automated ticketing and now i know why i never seen any cops on the autobahn and other countries u can drive as fast as u want on autobahn BUT not in france i found out the hard way and that cost me another $900.00. Oh well 2 weeks later my luggage showed up on my front porch after i paid for it to be shipped to paris. If u ever go to france take someone with you that can read and talk french.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:57:26 PM by Special Ed »

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Special Ed, wow that’s a story to have in the Shelby American
Write it up so Kopec can have something to do
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
Special Ed,
That sounds like an awful trip experience (pick pocketed and lost luggage).
Hopefully the stay it self went well!
Then to get a reminder with speeding tickets. UGH!!!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Special Ed

• View Profile
 Yeah when i got the first letter it was all in french and i didnt think much about until they kept showing up in the mail day after day so i took them to someone who knew french and they told me they were speeding tickets and they were taking the money from my credit card
 and they got my info from the car rental place that over charged me. Chris browns buddy flew home after the race and he was my size (huskey) so he loaned me some of his clothes. Some of us stayed for 10 days or so and went touring to see D -day landing and belgium germany switzerland . We seen a jewish concentration camp and thats something u will NEVER forget.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:51:30 PM by Special Ed »