News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Antifreeze in oil, HELP

Started by Corey Bowcutt, February 21, 2021, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sg66

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 25, 2021, 04:52:48 PM
I was informed that the main and rod bearings were very worn on one side as if the crank was not true so rebuilding is definitely a good thing. 

I'm guessing your rod bearings wore out on the top side? If so, that's what I would expect mainly due to combustion and compression strokes having more pressure on that side and with anti-freeze in the oil, the wear would be accelerated. My other guess is the bottom of the mains are worn? Same idea just switch where the most pressure is applied. Sounds like you caught it in time which is always a good thing.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Sounds like a quality rebuild should take care of it.
Hopefully you have it back running before summer is over, then I smell a "road trip" in the future 😎
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Corey Bowcutt

Very much looking forward to road trip.
What is 331?

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎