News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original Chassis Instruction Book for CSX3221

Started by s2ms, February 26, 2021, 11:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

No affiliation...

Cobra 427 chassis instruction book. Condition is "Used, as new".  Original manual for 67 Shelby Cobra CSX3221.  Book is in almost new shape and has almost never been opened.  All pages like new w no tears, smudges, creases, or damage.  All writing and diagrams are in as new condition.  This is the original book.  Bid with confidence.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224365809569
Dave - 6S1757

Chad

wow that is cool.  Is the owner on the forum?

s2ms

Don't know. I did a quick search here but didn't see anything on CSX3221. Looks like a "complicated" history in the 1997 Registry.
Dave - 6S1757

69mach351w

Where does it state this manual is for 67 Shelby Cobra CSX3221?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 69mach351w on February 27, 2021, 03:24:35 PM
The second sentence in the description reads -" Original manual for 67 Shelby Cobra CSX3221" > The manuals with Aluminum screws are slightly harder to authenticate IMO because the repros use similar screws. Most 289 and many 427 manuals use Brass as seen in the picture. 6X9 is typical size of genuine and repros are 5 1/2 X 8 1/4 . There is also different letter fonts etc. The sellers is most likely original IMO but wouldn't want to commit unless I knew the size and held it in my hand.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 27, 2021, 03:49:00 PM
The second sentence in the description reads -" Original manual for 67 Shelby Cobra CSX3221" > The manuals with Aluminum screws are slightly harder to authenticate IMO because the repros use similar screws. Most 289 and many 427 manuals use Brass as seen in the picture. 6X9 is typical size of genuine and repros are 5 1/2 X 8 1/4 . There is also different letter fonts etc. The sellers is most likely original IMO but wouldn't want to commit unless I knew the size and held it in my hand.
Bob, Where does it say on/in the manual that the manual in question is actually for CSX3221?  I'd say anything can be wrote in a description.

If I was the buyer, I'd like to see in type print that in fact CSX3221 is the Cobra this manual goes with.

Maybe I missed something in print?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 69mach351w on February 28, 2021, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 27, 2021, 03:49:00 PM
Bob, Where does it say on/in the manual that the manual in question is actually for CSX3221?  I'd say anything can be wrote in a description.

If I was the buyer, I'd like to see in type print that in fact CSX3221 is the Cobra this manual goes with.

Maybe I missed something in print?
I just thought you overlooked it. It wasn't my intention to embarrass you. I am sorry if it came across that way. It was reasonable thing to take your question at face value given no other specifics. It is more common for a Cobra VIN not to be hand written into a owners manual then one that was from the many I have seen. It was not factory or dealer required.  The same goes for Shelby Mustang owners manuals. It is many times harder to sell a owners manual with a vin number written inside then one without. It is common for buyers to rather want a manual without a vin then one that is different then their car. Of course if buying for a memorabilia collection or if from a significant car that does not apply.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby