News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Door strikers and fuel line

Started by hertz350, February 27, 2021, 12:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hertz350

Were all door strikers stamped with the month-date on the post for March 66 Shelby's? If so, how far in advance of the build date is usual for the date on the strikers?

Does the rubber fuel hose from the fuel line to the fuel pump have and script or labeling on it?

Same question for the hose at the fuel sender.
Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

trotrof1

On 6S1138 the sheetmetal is dated at or on  1/29 and the strikers are dated 1/66. From what I have seen the fuel lines are scripted in the engine compartment but I havent obverved enough fuel tanks to say either way.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hertz350 on February 27, 2021, 12:28:07 PM
Were all door strikers stamped with the month-date on the post for March 66 Shelby's? If so, how far in advance of the build date is usual for the date on the strikers?

Does the rubber fuel hose from the fuel line to the fuel pump have and script or labeling on it?

Same question for the hose at the fuel sender.
Typically you see gas gas gas on the 15/16 rubber hose between the fuel pump and the fuel sender.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Haven't collected enough of the striker dates to get a good handle at the moment a to how far before the car was likely built to offer any help.

And yes GAS GAS GAS on hoses that had a slight repeating texture to the exterior surface. Same for the fuel sender to hard line a the rear

For original stuff use to be able to find big Fords that used it along the drivers side engine compartment. You were typically able to get almost 3 feet from a single donor car
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Karguy

Is anyone reproducing the correct gas, gas, gas, fuel line?
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Karguy on February 27, 2021, 08:36:37 PM
Is anyone reproducing the correct gas, gas, gas, fuel line?
Kevin Marti .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

s2ms

Original door strikers on 6S1757 are dated 2-66, very late March 66 SJ scheduled build.
Dave - 6S1757

Karguy

6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

6S1568

The door strikers on 6S1568 are both dated 2-66. Most likely a mid-March assembly.

hertz350

Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz