News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby prices are going up or down 2018?

Started by 1969shelbygt350, April 07, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969shelbygt350

Are Shelby cars are trending up or down in 2018!

I have seen prices of 67-70 Shelby cars are all over the place!

Please advise!

Thx

Paul

Bill

Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on April 07, 2018, 08:10:16 AM
Are Shelby cars are trending up or down in 2018!

I have seen prices of 67-70 Shelby cars are all over the place!

Please advise!

Thx

Paul

Difficult questions to respond to with certainty, however, I'll give it a shot, it will depend on the car, it's originality, it's level of condition, it's history, and about 500 other small items that have to be taken into account.

On top of that, you have to have at least two people who want a car, either want to sell, or want to buy. Couple that with an aging group of current owners, and an economy that has yet to prove itself in 2018. An aging group of buyers, as the young crowd seems to be gravitating towards the late model cars, more comfort, more power, better handling, and again, about 500 other small items that pull at a potential buyers heartstrings.

Now, with that said, there will always be buyers for the cream of the crop, those cars with multiple senior division awards, impeccable history, and documentation going back to the cars birth. Is your car one of those, I know mine is not, but then again, I did not buy the car as an investment, I bought it to enjoy the way I wanted. Everyone elses choices will be a bit different, as it is their money to spend the way they want to, and none of us have a right to question their sanity, one way or the other.

Hope you find this somewhat along the lines of what you were looking for.

Have a fantastic day.

Bill S.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

BGlover67

Oh and don't forget the single most important thing your car can have, a Carroll Shelby signed dash.   But don't fret if your car doesn't have one, they can still be had from Shelby American. ::)

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

1969shelbygt350

Thanks for people who posted on this subject!

I have been looking for a car to enjoy and drive. 

kingchief

Remember, the signed glove box door DOES add lots of horsepower!!!  I know mine did!  ;D

Steve
SFM 6S406

427heaven

These cars are top of the food chain,always have been always will be. Many have told me that NO old performance mustang or SHELBY product back in the 60s-70s would ever become more valuable then 10k... (THEY) were wrong! It was also mentioned along the way that the collector car hobby is like a train, people get on and off at various times in their lives for different reasons.There is no good time or bad time,you get on when your comfortable to ride and ride as long as your comfortable. Enjoy the ride for all it brings over the years to you and your family, if financial gain is the most important aspect of the ride I would recommend something else to get involved with. Buy the best you can afford like houses,cars,jewelry,art work,etc. From the beginning of time people want nice things, corvairs and yugos are not on that list. ;)

wcode70

I don't pay much attention to the early cars prices but since a 69/70 GT500 still remains on my bucket list I kind of pay attention to those and am amazed by the price spread.  You'll see what appears to be a nice car for 75K then click on the next one and it's 150K...
1970 BOSS 302 - W code
1970 Mustang Sportsroof - W code
1970 Ranchero GT - 429

Quote from: Bill on April 07, 2018, 08:36:48 AM
the young crowd seems to be gravitating towards the late model cars, more comfort, more power, better handling, and again, about 500 other small items that pull at a potential buyers heartstrings.

Bill S.

I think the young crowd are gravitating towards Uber, Lyft, driverless cars.......anything that allows them to stay connected on their phones.   :-\

KDunne

Quote from: 2112 on April 07, 2018, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Bill on April 07, 2018, 08:36:48 AM
the young crowd seems to be gravitating towards the late model cars, more comfort, more power, better handling, and again, about 500 other small items that pull at a potential buyers heartstrings.

Bill S.

I think the young crowd are gravitating towards Uber, Lyft, driverless cars.......anything that allows them to stay connected on their phones.   :-\

so true.....

Seems to me through casual observation that the 65_67 LA built cars seem to hold their value a bit better ..Less price spread from low to high..l

deathsled

Quote from: 427heaven on April 07, 2018, 10:46:36 AM
These cars are top of the food chain,always have been always will be. Many have told me that NO old performance mustang or SHELBY product back in the 60s-70s would ever become more valuable then 10k... (THEY) were wrong! It was also mentioned along the way that the collector car hobby is like a train, people get on and off at various times in their lives for different reasons.There is no good time or bad time,you get on when your comfortable to ride and ride as long as your comfortable. Enjoy the ride for all it brings over the years to you and your family, if financial gain is the most important aspect of the ride I would recommend something else to get involved with. Buy the best you can afford like houses,cars,jewelry,art work,etc. From the beginning of time people want nice things, corvairs and yugos are not on that list. ;)

Well said!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Greg

I personally believe that the 65's are going to be slow in further price increases, I hope I'm wrong  :).  I think the 66 to 70's cars will continue to rise because the 65's have raised the brand.  Any of the years are a great investment and one that you can see, touch, smell and have fun with. 

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigfoot

I'm not sure what is or is not firm at the moment but I think the 67 and 68 cars still have a "way to go......."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

kingchief

At any cost, these fine automobiles are just plain FUN to drive...period.

Steve
SFM 6S406

roddster

Don't worry, they jump...about two weeks after you sell the one you own.