News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby prices are going up or down 2018?

Started by 1969shelbygt350, April 07, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on April 07, 2018, 10:46:36 AM
These cars are top of the food chain,always have been always will be.
There was a time they were not top of the food chain. At the end of their production 427 Cobras sat on showroom floors deeply discounted. Buyers were across the street buying the more civilized Corvette. By the mid 70s 65-66 Fastback Mustangs were $1500 and Shelbys were the same to $2000. In 1975 I bought my 66 for $140 cash and a 68 Tbird. A couple years later I bought a 68 GT500 Convertible for $3?? the storage fee from the body shop where the owner abandoned it. True it had a 390 and every piece of FG was cracked throw in the Econoline seats and missing console it would have been expensive even then to fix so I sold it for $700 a couple months later.
Yes today they are top of the food chain and there is one reason for that SAAC. They promoted the cars and history - they got magazines to run articles on "old" performance cars - they talked CS into supporting his old cars - Ford picked up on the hype and started reusing Cobra, GT350 and later GT500 even adding CS to pitch the SVT cars as his own.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Well I'm not sure how you feel they cost less on purchase, or any time over the last 50 years,then any other FORD product? The cost was much less back in the day but still very expensive compared to any other Ford product. This is how the top of the food chain was derived-

papa scoops

depends if you are buying or selling. "if you have to ask, you can't afford" buy it for the fun. phred

Wedgeman

phred's middle name is......"PHUN ".................... ;D