Author Topic: New Ford GT destroyed in L.A. crash  (Read 7623 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
New Ford GT destroyed in L.A. crash
« on: March 07, 2021, 03:01:06 PM »
Any left coasters know about this?  Looks pretty bad. Car gone, hope occupants are okay.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-gt-destroyed-in-devastating-multi-car-wreck-in-los-angeles/ar-BB1ekTEw?ocid=se

8)

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ford GT destroyed in L.A. crash
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:32:10 PM »
If it was the car photographed earlier in the day from the end of the article, it wasn't a "new" GT.  That one is an '05/'06.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »
05 and 06 FGT's are often referred to as "New GT" the newer ones are also referred to as "New GT" so unless it stated it, it can be 05 to present. When I refer to my car as a new GT, people think it is a Mustang.

But I digress, that accident does not sound like it has a good result. I hope I am wrong. It is not a good sign to read that someone was lying on the ground motionless. I hope they are alright.

I can only speak for my 06. That car can get away from you anytime, you have to respect it. I am older and I think wiser and i will say the things I have done in the 80's with my GT350 were crazy, if I only used half throttle and did the same stufff in my 06, I would not be here to write this. High speed mistakes are not that forgivable.

Pray for the best!
RARE  Signature Delete

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 05:01:47 PM »

I suspect the GT and the Alfa were involved in a street race of some sort.

JMobley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »
Instagram post said the owner of the GT had a brain aneurysm while driving

68krrrr

• SoCal Upland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 09:32:32 PM »
Here's some more pictures that show the wreckage, this happened on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills which is a really busy area ,high speeds must've been involved for this kind of damage , i'm hearing mixed results on whether the driver made it out OK or not .
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 10:48:13 PM »
Wow.  Hopefully, everyone is ok.  Looks like a temporary tag and Goodyears.  Not a good combination.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 10:51:35 PM »
Wow.  Hopefully, everyone is ok.  Looks like a temporary tag and Goodyears.  Not a good combination.

First thing that entered my mind.

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »
There were 2 black no stripe Hennessey cars for sale in the last few months.  Even worse if it was one of those.  Prayers for all involved.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 11:52:58 PM »
Ouch....

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 12:16:02 AM »
There were 2 black no stripe Hennessey cars for sale in the last few months.  Even worse if it was one of those.  Prayers for all involved.

I would have thought Hennessey would have had the superior Bridgestones or at least Hoosiers.

Turbos can come on so suddenly. Add that to a Hockey puck of a tire................... :P

Hope all are OK.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 08:47:56 AM »
What a horrible crash, that does not look survivable. Having traveled that route many times it is so busy  that seemingly you could not ever get up to those speeds that shredded this car to pieces. It is heavily traveled, especially at afternoon time frame, that it seems difficult that no one was in his way until maybe he came up on traffic that was in one of the many blind curves on that stretch of road. Hope for the best for the occupants on this one.

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »
I'm wondering if this is a photo taken after the firefighters cut the car in half with the Hurst Jaws of Life to get the occupants out. If not, it would be a miracle if someone survived that!
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 09:54:29 AM »
It's just disturbing every way that you consider it.

I think any vehicle with an extended foot box is going to be a disaster in any kind of a front end impact.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bobby Crumpley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 08:04:11 PM »
Must've been a bad week for GTs.  While picking up our car from the dry ice blaster yesterday morning, saw a Gulf liveried Heritage on a rollback truck that was muddy and appeared to have the front control arm(s) broken loose.  Guess it left the road and found a ditch, but all things considered could have been much, much worse. 
Bobby Crumpley
MCA#20316
www.houstonvaporblasting.com