News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350 289 HIPO ENGINE

Started by 429scott, April 07, 2018, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

429scott

I have a 1966 289 engine assembly from a 66 GT350, vin numbers have been verified by Mr Pardee. Engine has approx 10K miles(my guess), no lip in any cylinders all bores mic to 4.001-4.002, can easily be honed to 4.003 to fit forged pistons. Engine is apart, heads are complete.

289 Engine includes:

-crank hipo
-heads dated 5k2 5h20 one cast 20 other 21 both have 4V cast below exhaust port
-block dated 5k29 assembly 5l1w
-balancer not sure of date
-8 rods and orig pistons still assembled(note currently missing 1 rod cap I cannot find)
-cam, lifters, pushrods, most all bolts
-oil pump with pick up for t-pan
-dizzy rebuilt/restored by Mike Ulrey 2004 dated 5h
-timing cover(not original to engine)
-c6 cast water pump(not original to engine)
-hatchet weight
-COBRA T-pan S1MS
-COBRA intake correct early style no corrosion or damage S2MS
-1 set BB valve covers(not original to engine)
-1 set nos COBRA blk crinkle valve covers(not original to engine)
-1 air cleaner assembly base dated 5a no pcv(not original to engine)
-s2ms 3259 carb holley reissue very nice rebuilt never run (not original to engine)
-complete set hipo 65-early66 engine mounts includes rubbers and frame brackets(not original to engine)
-set nos hipo rubber engine mounts(not original to engine)
-rebuilt/restored 4201 fuel pump not sure of date
-hipo fan ford service replacement not sure of date but nowhere near nov 65 looks same as assembly line part with balance weight(not original to    engine)

this is a real deal engine I am not selling bs, I have spent 15 years collecting almost enough parts to build a 65 GT350 clone from nos original parts but my project has gone in another direction, not interested in splitting parts up unless someone buys large chunk of engine. I really think it would be a shame to split up the core of the engine as it came from one special car. I have noted all the parts that did not come from the donor GT350 engine, I collected these separately . Asking $14,500 or non-insulting offer. Can provide most any pics on request.
thanks Scott, I can be reached at 6107601576, parts are located in LV area of NE Pa. zip 18067

Shelby_r_b

Not that you need to share it publicly, but have you verified which car it came from?  And if so, have you tried to reach the current owner of said car?

I'm guessing that the engine wouldn't be more important to anyone other than the current owner of that engine's car.
Nothing beats a classic!

J_Speegle

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on April 08, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
Not that you need to share it publicly, but have you verified which car it came from?  And if so, have you tried to reach the current owner of said car?

I'm guessing that the engine wouldn't be more important to anyone other than the current owner of that engine's car.

Maybe Horward took care of the contact/notification process. If the car is still in the original owners hand or one that has owned the car for a long time I've found them, in general, to be the least interested in matching engines and such.  Just my experience.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

429scott

You are correct, 15 years ago I contacted saac registrar about the engine. Mr Pardee did not disclose the shelby vin, he just verified the ford vin to be from a 66 gt350. he did say that there was no record of the car but for the original sales history when new. I also asked him to note that the engine had been found in case the car ever reappeared.