Author Topic: Hood Pin Kit  (Read 2313 times)

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Hood Pin Kit
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:17:02 PM »
Where can I source a correct Hood Pin Kit?

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hood Pin Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:24:20 PM »
Thanks

whiteykr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 02:48:45 AM »
Can someone post a photo of an original klik pin for the hood pins on these 65-66s? I have a rusty klik pin that I believe is original but would like to compare with a known original before restoring . I also have repro klik pins and although they look nice ,they have 3 things wrong compared to my old rusty one.I have looked at many 65-66s but never looked at these or asked the owner if I could.
I buy most of my parts from Virginia Classic Muastang and they are great so Brant if you see this please chime in. Are your klik pins 100% correct?
Thanks
Brad

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »
Not sure this helps, these were on a low #2000 number car - but we don't think are the originals. Others may be able to comment and you can compare to what you have.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »
Can someone post a photo of an original klik pin for the hood pins on these 65-66s? I have a rusty klik pin that I believe is original but would like to compare with a known original before restoring . I also have repro klik pins and although they look nice ,they have 3 things wrong compared to my old rusty one.I have looked at many 65-66s but never looked at these or asked the owner if I could.
I buy most of my parts from Virginia Classic Muastang and they are great so Brant if you see this please chime in. Are your klik pins 100% correct?
Thanks
Brad

Brad,

In all photos...original pin from my 66 on the left, NOS S2MS-16892-B pin on the right...

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 03:33:33 PM »
Not sure this helps, these were on a low #2000 number car - but we don't think are the originals. Others may be able to comment and you can compare to what you have.
Hood Pins and click pins are not correct shape. They are both too blunt on the ends from all of the ones that I have seen.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:36:53 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby